Source for Gates belts?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
figured I'd throw it out there and see if there was somewhere I wasn't aware of. I usually get my green belts on Amazon but they either don't have the size I need or it's like 2 weeks out. They still seem to be the best price for now.

In particular looking for K081099HD (wouldnt mind trying a non HD to see if it grips better but haven't ever seen one in stock if there is such a thing)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve always gotten mine from NAPA

most parts houses want around $100 for the belt. A couple places, including amazon, have me in the $50-$60 range but shipping is crazy from some of them. Amazon seems like the best option but figured Id check. I was saving at least $30-$40 each when I had the K081092

LS WUT

Established Member
Ahh, okay I gotcha. I can’t say I’ve ever really shopped around to much. I just paid for it, probably my downfall if I’m honest. On a side note my buddy’s dad owns a shop that is partnered with NAPA so he always got me discounts.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I recently ordered a Gates black belt and it took about two weeks to get. I haven't run the green belt in a while so I haven't looked into it.

Odd tidbit, I swapped belts because my old one was a couple years old. The new belt is the same length and put the tensioner dead center. But I had some boost loss and belt slip according to my logs. I tightened up the idler a little and put the tensioner on the tight side and saw full boost on my last datalog. Weird stuff.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I recently ordered a Gates black belt and it took about two weeks to get. I haven't run the green belt in a while so I haven't looked into it.

Odd tidbit, I swapped belts because my old one was a couple years old. The new belt is the same length and put the tensioner dead center. But I had some boost loss and belt slip according to my logs. I tightened up the idler a little and put the tensioner on the tight side and saw full boost on my last datalog. Weird stuff.

interesting. Nothing on mine is adjustable and I was dumb and kept the single bolt tensioner cover... I haven't even put the car on the dyno because I dont wanna get mad when I see the boost log.

96dreamer

Established Member
I have had issues on there before looking for HD and RPM belts for my setup. I usually leave off the suffix and just search for the dimensional part. Seen them listed incorrectly under the standard part number too.

Users who are viewing this thread