sound system

Snake01

Established Member
i have speakers in my trunk, and when i turn the bass up my car will stall. somehow when the bass is up it cuts off the fuel to the engine. everytime this happens i have to push the red button down in the trunk to make it start again. this really sucks when this happens traffic. does anyone know if there is anyway to fix this problem so the car won't stall anymore? thanks alot
jordan

SVTHorsnake

Banned
haha, sorry to laugh but that's really funny... and I have no idea what the connection is between the two but good luck to ya!:beer:

OrangeMachine

Established Member
Originally posted by RioRed4v
sorry, but that is kinda funny.

my only guess is that its to much draw on the battery???

Where did you ground your amplifier? If it is anywhere near your fuel pump try moving it. Also, do your lights dim when you play it at night? If this is caused by too much current draw, you might need to upgrade to a second battery. Vibration shouldn't be a factor, unless you have an insane comp. system. Tough one :shrug:

Snake01

Established Member
yea the system is really good i spent over $1500 on it. the lights stay fine when it is all the way up. the vibration can be so great on it that my rear view mirror will sometimes fall off. i dont think it would have to do with the battery b/c every time i push the red fuel button in the trunk the car starts right back up. i might just have to take it to the dealer and see if they know anything.
thaks
jordan

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
This is a vibration issue and has nothing to do with your grounds or the voltage draw. unscrew the fuel cut of and put a piece of dynomate or simular over the area, reinstall shut-off in the same holes and make sure its screwed down hard. if this doesnt work you'll need to try more layers. if this still does not work then you have the baddest system i've ever seen.

<---I've blown out many fox body rear hatch glasses and have had this problem is some fox body and new mustangs.

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
The red button you have to push is an Inertia Switch... Its designed to cut fuel flow in the event of a colission.

The inertia switch is thinking that the heavy bass is a colission.

1. See if you can unbolt it from wherever its bolted to. Attach Dynaliner (not dynamat) dynaliner is the thick foam stuff...

-Homer

Users who are viewing this thread