Sound Symposer issue?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Okay... so I know about the sound symposer in my wife's Ecoboost and why Ford decided to inject fake engine noise into the cabin via the stereo system. I don't have an issue with it for the most part, however I've found one very annoying aspect of it and was curious whether anyone else has this issue. At low RPM's, around 1150 +/- 100, there is a very loud low frequency hum that emanates from the speakers. Take your foot off the gas, or give her a bit more throttle and the noise goes away. However if you hold the RPM's at the level the noise will continue to annoy.

Anyone else have this issue by chance? I imagine I could just look up the fuse # for the sound symposer and pull it, but I'm not sure if there are other accessories sharing the same circuit.

U.M.

Dragonpassion

Established Member
Up were the mile is just between the 2 lights... drop that uni down. There is a mike up in there for blue tooth and a second mike for the emposer. Cut the red wire. GONE! Now i run 3 10 inch subs in the trunk that would go out of contole at certin rpms. Never had a problem sense. Bought my 15 in march 2015. This works. The fuse cuts the amps. Mine is a primium performance pack.

SM-N920P using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Up were the mile is just between the 2 lights... drop that uni down. There is a mike up in there for blue tooth and a second mike for the emposer. Cut the red wire. GONE! Now i run 3 10 inch subs in the trunk that would go out of contole at certin rpms. Never had a problem sense. Bought my 15 in march 2015. This works. The fuse cuts the amps. Mine is a primium performance pack.

SM-N920P using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Thanks! I'm going to check this out.

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread