Sound of tune question

Myusername

Established Member
Ok so my exhaust setup is boss sidepipes and roush mufflers with AED tune. My coworkers is boss sidepipes with gt500 mufflers track key tune. My other other coworkers is boss sidepipes borla exhaust Lund tune. The last coworker has just roush mufflers and bama tune.
My question is how come my car is the quietest sounding. Sounds the same as stock. The car with the roush and bama tune is the loudest. The track key tuned car is the next loudest, the next being the Lund. I put the Roushs on because I had gt500 mufflers and it was super quiet. Performance is awesome, just wondering why each tune has different sound levels. We all have similar performance gains, just weird how each cars level is different. Anyone have a clue?
thanks

KushBandit

Established Member
I'd assume it's different muffler setups, and a little bit of tuning differences like the camshaft timing. My factory tune has a louder idle than my custom tune.

Last edited:

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Seems like there are WAY too many variables at play here to draw any conclusion that one is louder than another. "loudness", especially as it pertains to cars, is such a subjective thing. Two separate cars with the same parts could even sound different. Vert' vs. coupe for example, different hollow spaces, different resonance points, etc...

Reloading different tunes on the same car, run the same way on a dyno, on the same day might reveal something....

edit: maybe their exhaust is just loose/has a hole/is falling apart....LOL

imeyers302

Established Member
Did you remove the discs (side exhaust plates) for the Boss side pipes?

+1 for removing discs. I have the same setup, boss side pipes with restrictor plates removed and roush ab. Rest of exhaust is stock. Car is very loud. Car has a Steeda tune if that matters.

Last edited:

9TMAREEE

Established Member
This is totally normal with the AED tune. Trust me I know what you mean. I went from running stock tune, to steeda(which actually somehow sounds better at start up and idle and is just as loud as stock) to AED which is audibly the quietest on start up and idle. Its crazy but when Im running my AED tune even with my exhaust set up, the car almost can't be heard at idle where as the steeda is definitely louder. Its a noticeable difference I've heard just from switching between tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread