Sound Clips? Magnaflow w/ catted X

silver04venom

David
Established Member
I've been out of the stang world for a couple of years. Just bought an 04, and it came with magnaflow catback. My buddy used to have magnapacks on his 01 GT and it sounded mean. I think the packs with a midpipe would be too loud for me though. The regular Magnaflows that are on my 04 seem kinda weak, but a nice tone down low. I wanted to know if anyone has a setup with regular magnaflows and a catted magnaflow X (or other catted X/H)? I used to have the address for a website that primarily just kept sound clips of various mustang exhausts, does anyone have that site name?

Thanks in advance,

-Dave

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
go to youtube and you can see all sorts of combos ( UPR Off Road X,Bassani,Magnaflow etc etc ) also the soundboard at the top off the exhaust section has some clips too
I have personally heard Bassani Catted X with regular Magnaflow catback and it sounds real good ( nice and clean sounding, not too loud around town , and it just sounds wicked WOT!!!! )

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I have an off road UPR X and magnaflow catback with magnapacks in place of the magnaflow mufflers.

It sounds like a farm truck for everyday use. But it sounds downright nasty when I lay into it.

02stanginit

Established Member
The sound qaul is bad. It sounds mean as hell, Youll love it trust me.
BTW I have the pypes x pipe with removable high flow cats. It tucks up nice and the price is nice too ;) Plus if you ever want louder you can pull the cats

th_cobramagnaflow.jpg

Here is one with an o/r x. I will be pulling the cats out soon :banana:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05HqzVFJ5fk"]YouTube - 2003 Cobra Exhaust. UPR o/r X, MagnaFlow Catback[/ame]

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i have the regular magnaflow catback on mine and was sorta afraid of going catless because of the loudness/raspiness of an O/R X-pipe on there, but i'm glad i did go O/R.

This is just some light acceleration through a couple of gears. It's also on the street infront of my apartment which echoes very badly due to it being a street lined on both sides by apartments.
th_062-2.gif

this is a quick little burst i made turning onto another road after the 1st video was made.
th_063-2.gif

both of those were with the windows cracked a few inches on each side so that i didn't get distortion from the wind whenever i accelerated.

silver04venom

David
Established Member
i have the regular magnaflow catback on mine and was sorta afraid of going catless because of the loudness/raspiness of an O/R X-pipe on there, but i'm glad i did go O/R.

This is just some light acceleration through a couple of gears. It's also on the street infront of my apartment which echoes very badly due to it being a street lined on both sides by apartments.
th_062-2.gif

this is a quick little burst i made turning onto another road after the 1st video was made.
th_063-2.gif

both of those were with the windows cracked a few inches on each side so that i didn't get distortion from the wind whenever i accelerated.

Sounds good, I had an O/R X in the past on a GT and I loved it, but I was younger. Now, I really just don't need the attention from cops, and I have a vert, so I don't want it too loud. I think I'm going to go with the Magnaflow catted X with my current magnaflow catback.

Thanks again,

-Dave

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
i have a full 3 inch system ( headers back) right now( stainless works) and its just too damn loud. i think im going to put a catted x pipe on there....and also change out the mufflers. any suggestions on what muffler to put on it? i am wanting the car to be kind of quiet.

HighPSI

Established Member
I've been out of the stang world for a couple of years. Just bought an 04, and it came with magnaflow catback. My buddy used to have magnapacks on his 01 GT and it sounded mean. I think the packs with a midpipe would be too loud for me though. The regular Magnaflows that are on my 04 seem kinda weak, but a nice tone down low. I wanted to know if anyone has a setup with regular magnaflows and a catted magnaflow X (or other catted X/H)? I used to have the address for a website that primarily just kept sound clips of various mustang exhausts, does anyone have that site name?

Thanks in advance,

-Dave

Dave

I just got my Magnaflow x-pipe with metallic cats and Magnaflow cat-back installed last weekend. I went from stock h-pipe and a mac cb to it. Sound is so much better and the throttle response is crazy. We will be doing some sound clips here at Magnaflow on it this week so they should be on magnaflow.com in a week or two. If you want I can try and do my own this week if you would like too.

Either way you WILL love it!

silver04venom

David
Established Member
Dave

I just got my Magnaflow x-pipe with metallic cats and Magnaflow cat-back installed last weekend. I went from stock h-pipe and a mac cb to it. Sound is so much better and the throttle response is crazy. We will be doing some sound clips here at Magnaflow on it this week so they should be on magnaflow.com in a week or two. If you want I can try and do my own this week if you would like too.

Either way you WILL love it!

Yea that would be great, let me know wherever it is posted, I would love to hear it!

Thanks,

-Dave

HighPSI

Established Member
Yea that would be great, let me know wherever it is posted, I would love to hear it!

Thanks,

-Dave

Not a problem. Tomorrow I'll be at the tech center for the sound clips. I'll let you know when they're posted :thumbsup:

Or if you want hear it in person I'll be at GTR this Friday afternoon.

Phil

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I have the exact setup you're looking to hear and we did some exhaust clips on Sunday. I'll get them up for you sometime soon so that you can hear it.

I'm running the Magnaflow Catted Tru-X Pipe with the Magnaflow Cat-Back with welded in Magnapacks and with dumps. The dumps make little difference to the sound though. It's more of a difference of where the sound comes out; the tips or the dumps obviously.

HighPSI

Established Member
I have the exact setup you're looking to hear and we did some exhaust clips on Sunday. I'll get them up for you sometime soon so that you can hear it.

I'm running the Magnaflow Catted Tru-X Pipe with the Magnaflow Cat-Back with welded in Magnapacks and with dumps. The dumps make little difference to the sound though. It's more of a difference of where the sound comes out; the tips or the dumps obviously.

Do you have the ceramic or metallic cats?

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread