Sorry magnaflow X question please help

Brad

Banned
I have had a magnaflow X w/cats sitting in my garage for about 1.5 months now. I didn’t do the install yet because I was not sure I could do it myself seeing all I have is ramps for under car access. So here is my question A.) Do you think ramps will yield enough clearance, and B.)? Is this just a clamp job, or does the X need to be welded to the cats? (I have not even opened the box yet as I am not sure I am going to keep them) Also for anyone who is running a magnaflow X w/cats, does the car get any louder? I hear some people with the bassani complain the car gets quieter. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. :shrug:

Rwick7

Established Member
8 bolts and ramps should be enough...Make sure you have good socket extensions and a swivel extension. Other than that it's easy.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by StlBlack03
8 bolts and ramps should be enough...Make sure you have good socket extensions and a swivel extension. Other than that it's easy.

Thank you, now one more question before I dig into this after work, does it make it louder or what? I hear people say you loose some of that nice volume you get with just the catback and stock H.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Brad, Sorry to be off topic, and good luck with your exhaust, but how much was your light bar, where did u get it, and would it be considered a roll bar? Sorry for all the questions. I have a friend that has a Vert. and was getting info for him. Thanks.

Rwick7

Established Member
If you just change the X it won't be much louder...however depending on which cat-back you choose...it gets REAL loud.

Rwick7

Established Member
BTW- Be careful not to crossthread anything...just take your time... especially with front.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 03snake
Brad, Sorry to be off topic, and good luck with your exhaust, but how much was your light bar, where did u get it, and would it be considered a roll bar? Sorry for all the questions. I have a friend that has a Vert. and was getting info for him. Thanks.

Don’t be ridiculous, I am happy to answer any questions for you. I believe new it retails for $450, I got it direct from Saleen. People say the install is very very easy, but there is just something about cutting into the interior with I knife that is just unsettling. So for $100 I got it installed at my local Saleen Roush dealer. Also tell your friend to think about buying the Saleen light bar switch. Its $39.99 and what it does is when the top is up it kills the light bar light. When the top is down it kills the 3rd brake light on the car and turns on the light bar light. Also the bar is considered aesthetic as if the car flipped over it would flatted out like a pancake. But from my experience with the cobra the tech inspection guys at the track assume it’s a real roll bar. They flagged me for being under 13.5 with no bar at first, then once that was installed I was all set. Hope this answers your question. :beer:

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
If you just change the X it won't be much louder...however depending on which cat-back you choose...it gets REAL loud.

I got the magnaflow catback? I am going for not only power, but I want it to be freaking loud, what do you think?:-D

Rwick7

Established Member
I'm not sure it'll be Freaking Loud...but it'll be louder than it is now....You might want to check out the Bassani cat-back if you want FREAKIN loud... :lol:

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
I got the magnaflow catback? I am going for not only power, but I want it to be freaking loud, what do you think?:-D

It should be nice and loud and also give you some hp. :burnout:

Elliotness

Established Member
Dunno, I have heard very good things about the magnaflows. I listened to Postbans Bassini setup, it sounded awesome. It's definately louder than the stock setup.

Install the stuff and post a vid.... I am leaning toward doing the same thing to mine as soon as my financial advisor clears the purchase.

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
I'm not sure it'll be Freaking Loud...but it'll be louder than it is now....You might want to check out the Bassani cat-back if you want FREAKIN loud... :lol:

Freaking loud is a must. I dont wanna rip off my magnaflow now as its damn near loud, but if the x is going to kick up the volume even just a little I am going to install it. Alot of you guys on the board are saying, "my magnaflow is too loud." My question is are you "FREAKING" kidding :D Taste can't be aruged, but I would like to be able to set off some car alarms here:thumbsup:

03DOHC

Established Member
Oh it's freaking loud! Cops will hear you from 20 miles away loud. So loud that I'm removing them!

I must be getting old. Now what was I saying?

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Oh it's freaking loud! Cops will hear you from 20 miles away loud. So loud that I'm removing them!

I must be getting old. Now what was I saying?

If its too loud, you're too old:-D

Users who are viewing this thread