Sorry! It's about the tick...

CobraTone

Established Member
Yes I have used the search function and read about the recent updates on the tick issue. But here it is.

I had my car in yesterday for a number of issues (pulls right, ac compressor clunk, stall, etc.) and I also told them about the tick. Well he calls me back today and says they are ordering the head assembly to replace all the heads and valves (sorry if i have this wrong, don't know much about engines).

Anyways, what is everyone's verdict/opinion on this replacement? What would you do? My stepdad bought the car for me and he knows the owner of the dealership personally so he has some clout. Is there anything you guys suggest he try rather than have these people rebuild my engine? Thanks for the help in advance. This is really worrying me. :(

ntechnic

Established Member
Nah, no worries. Be glad that your dealer is doing the right thing.

I would make a show of writing the mileage down in front of the service writer when you take it in. Also make it a point to ask, "How many miles at the MOST are you going to put on it when it is taken for a test drive afterwards? I don't want anyone joy riding my car, clear?"

Also, just assume that you'll have to give it a good wash and wax afterwards. The dealer may wash it, but dealer service bays and lots aren't the cleanest places, and they won't wash it as well as you will.

Glad you have a good dealer.

CobraTone

Established Member
Has anyone else had this replacement? What was your experience?

Ntechnic - Good thinking, I actually did write down my mileage right in front of his eyes. However, he has been my service guy before so he knows my policy about joy riding. :)

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I think a couple people have taken their cars in to get the new head, but I don't think they have posted any results yet. It is a hard decision, some people say the tick is not harmful and some say it might be. If the new head gets rid of the tick completely, I might try it.

CobraTone

Established Member
I believe he said until tuesday or wednesday. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on what is going on.

jonas

Established Member
if its tues or wed thats awsome
My tick got exponentially louder after I changed my oil yesterday. Im freakin out :(

Users who are viewing this thread