sooo, who wants to help rebuild a 4.6?????

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
err rather pull it and replace it. it seems that i broke something while on the way to wfc I DIDNT EVEN GET THERE!!!!! got about 50 miles outside of stlouis and it started making a really banging on the dr side, doug said that it sounds like it is on the top end, so we pulled the valve cover on saturday and looked and the top was fine, dale said start it, and he said nope its something on the bottom. had to trailer it back home yesterday, now i gotta find me a used 4.6 to put in it. id like a 99+ but i cant afford one of thoes right now.so 98 and older is what im going to get. anyone got an engine forsale???????

Rodeo Joe

Need I say more!
Established Member
Keith,

Sorry to hear the news. Things definitely didn't work out for you, the engine going and then you couldn't make the show :( Hang in there, who knows a 99+ might show up. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Joe

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
Dude, that totally blows....I have a few places you should contact. Elgin super auto parts is a great place to pick up parts and they have a LOT in stock. Check there first. Then do a search on JunkYarddog.com or whatever it is. I located a TON of motors for really cheap. Maybe you can get a personal loan from a bank or get some cash from someone else. Keep your eyes and ears open on the forums. I can help you locate parts! Post at Corral and any other forums(TCCOA, MTC) for a 96-98 GT motor. Good Luck man!!!

Todd

JustinH

Established Member
I agree. Why bother spending all that time installing the motor, just to get what you already had? The 99+gt motor can be had in the sub $1500 dollar range through car-part.com and other salvage yard sites.

JH

Blown306

Established Member
:gt: Dude...sorry to hear about that. Think of it as an opportunity! I agree, the 99+ engine would be a better choice, even if you have to wait a little longer to get it.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
ok found a motor they want $1100 plus whats left of mine. should i do it or just find one thats alittle more expensive and then part out what remaining good parts are left on mine. would it even be worth trying that?

JustinH

Established Member
I would say just buy the 99+ motor, and let them have your tired 4.6. The non PI 4.6 has very little value. I've seen them go for less than 400 bucks.
Yeah, as it was posted earlier, think of it as a reason to get yourself a gt motor. Most of us pull good motors to put in the PI motor.

good luck,
J

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
well talked with jerry's friend and here is what he has up forsale, its wishfull thinking, but if the price works out well who knows.

It consists of SVO heads, CNC ported, stainless valves, competition springs, titanium retainers and keepers, PI cams..... PI block and crank, Manley H-beam rods, Probe pistons, competition bearings, balanced and blueprinted.......

Heres the history on the engine...... It has about 10,000 miles on the shortblock, the heads are at the machine shop right now getting new springs, titanium retainers, stainless valves, opening the throats up for larger valves and a competition valvejob. The heads will be fresh assemblies. The engine made almost 500 HP at the tires with an S-trim and a cooler in a Mustang with shorty headers and an X-pipe

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ CHA-CHING!

I sure hope that works out...I'd like to see that motor in a bird.

Users who are viewing this thread