Soon to come. LS1 vs MACH 1 (Camaro Killer)

BPLS1

Established Member
Well i am at work the other day and i was talking to my young friend (18 and in High School) and every since he has seen my car he has wanted a LS1. So anyways he tells me that he has a friend with a MACH 1 that said he would kill me and that his MACH 1 is the "Camaro Killer" so i laugh and ask him what he has done to the MACH1 and he Said he was Bone Stock except for K&N Intake :poke: . So anyways i think i am going to show the Stock Mach 1 that not all Camaros r Slow. I know it is a good race Stock for Stock but seen his mods against mine i dont see a Problem Beating him. What do u FORD guys think? Thanks

03CobraDude

Never discount the fact that he may have some other mods other the hood he never told you about. But If it's just K&N, I personally think you will win. Outta the hole, you will most likely rape him because of ur nittos compared to BFGoodrich? (or are they Goodyears?). At a roll, you will still kill him. Whats your horsepower and torque? And at what RPM. And your weight.

roadracer247

Established Member
So you have the following mods right?

SLP Y pipe, no cats, FLOWMASTER, SSRA, SLP Lid, Granetalli MAF, SLP intake bellow, SPEC stage 2 clutch and aluminum flywheel, Nitto 555R.

I just want to make sure...because it seems someone said you have nitrous. Your sig says you have an engine with nitrous ready to go into a different car. So with just those mods it should be a close race assuming drivers are equal.

BPLS1

Established Member
roadracer247 said:
So you have the following mods right?

SLP Y pipe, no cats, FLOWMASTER, SSRA, SLP Lid, Granetalli MAF, SLP intake bellow, SPEC stage 2 clutch and aluminum flywheel, Nitto 555R.

I just want to make sure...because it seems someone said you have nitrous. Your sig says you have an engine with nitrous ready to go into a different car. So with just those mods it should be a close race assuming drivers are equal.

Yeah i have a 69 Camaro sitting in the Garage waiting for a H/C LS1 on Spray to be Dropped in. I dont have Nitrous on my car. If i did i wouldnt even Bother with this Kid. Yeah it might be close mybe if he knows how to drive

corysmach1

Established Member
Man..... You should win.. but never under estimate a car you dont know, I just raced an LS-1 That put down 330RWHP, I got him by 1 car to 1.5 cars through a 1/4 mile and then he sprayed in 4th to try and beat me on the street it is all about gear, tire and driver. He stopped my pull at like 90 MPH but was BARELY inching on me and then sprayed.

BPLS1

Established Member
corysmach1 said:
Man..... You should win.. but never under estimate a car you dont know, I just raced an LS-1 That put down 330RWHP, I got him by 1 car to 1.5 cars through a 1/4 mile and then he sprayed in 4th to try and beat me on the street it is all about gear, tire and driver. He stopped my pull at like 90 MPH but was BARELY inching on me and then sprayed.

Nah Bro u got it all wrong by know means do i underestimate a MACH 1. From what i have Heard they r Strong Runners but i have never have had the Priveldge of running on yet. I race LS1s all the time mostly other Z28s and SS and i put them down fairly easily. I think mod for mod it would be a good race but seeing that i have a mild bolt on LS1 i think i will have the upper hand. I just thought is was funny to me that some kid with a self proclaimed "CAMARO Killer" only has a K&nFilter :bash:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
With the mods you have posted you will win. If this is a friend of the highschool kid then the Mach owner may be a young one to and you may get him by experience alone. I always say - a good driver is a great mod!

StangJason

Established Member
You should win unless you snap your glass jaw Chevy rearend ;)

Seriously you should win easily if your car can go 12s but if it's a low 13 (I'd be surprised if it was) then you may be in for a close race if the kid can drive.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
From a roll...you'll slowly pull on him to the tune of about 2-4 cars up to 120. From a dig...you'll pull all over him with the 4.10's and DR's. Unless the kid is one hell of a driver, you should beat him, with your mods by .50 to .75 seconds in a quarter mile. I raced a bolt on LS1 from a 75 roll when I was stock. He got me by about 4 cars to 140 mph. I stayed right there until about 100 and he slowly crept away. 3 attempts, identical results every run. A stock Mach1 will edge out a stock 98 by a small margin. I doubt the extra 15 or so hp the Mach1 has over the 98 Cobra will make that much difference against a modded/geared LS1. At the time I remember thinking I would have needed at least 30 rwhp to have beaten that LS1.

Last edited:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
BPLS1 said:
Well i am at work the other day and i was talking to my young friend (18 and in High School) and every since he has seen my car he has wanted a LS1. So anyways he tells me that he has a friend with a MACH 1 that said he would kill me and that his MACH 1 is the "Camaro Killer" so i laugh and ask him what he has done to the MACH1 and he Said he was Bone Stock except for K&N Intake :poke: . So anyways i think i am going to show the Stock Mach 1 that not all Camaros r Slow. I know it is a good race Stock for Stock but seen his mods against mine i dont see a Problem Beating him. What do u FORD guys think? Thanks

BPL kick his ass, take that punks money. I hate it when people talk smack and not even know me.

Users who are viewing this thread