soon to be new owner, couple questions

slickblack

Established Member
Hello to everyone! I've been lurking here for months reading as much as I can. The time has come for me to finally get my Cobra!! :thumbsup: I'm looking at a really clean, low mileage '03 vert. If all goes well, I will be buying it tomorrow, but I just had to make a post now cause I have some immediate plans for the car already. My last 5 cars have been LS1's (Vette, GTO, Trans Am X3)so I kind of feel like a traitor to those guys by coming over here, but even they have great respect for the terminator's.
Anyway, here goes-

the shifter will take some getting used to and I would like to know what brand is best to move the shifter handle as far back as possible. Apparently I need to get an arm extension. I read about the shifters and handles and it seems there's a lot of choices. I just don't like reaching so far forward if I don't have to.

I want to get a strut tower brace. There are 2 and 3 point models. I'd rather not do any drilling unless it will give much better results. What are the thoughts on the 2 vs 3 point brace?

And finally, I have been looking for a convertible boot cover. Just the factory style vinyl cover for when the top is down. Can anyone confirm that any year of this style Mustang boot cover will fit an '03 Cobra? And any ideas where to look for a reasonable priced one? Ebay has them but it's over $200 and I was hoping for a bit less.

I'm so excited about this car, it's really hard waiting another day. I just hope I can post up tomorrow and say I am a proud new owner!!!

Thanks for the great forum,
Jay in Phoenix

PS: I did use the search for these answers but couldn't find what I was looking for

cobra_mer

Established Member

slickblack

Established Member
Thanks for some quick replies.
The car already has subframe connectors welded in so one less thing for me to do. :thumbsup:
I'll check some more into the MGW shifter, it does seem very popular.
Any more info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!
Jay

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I would bet that MGW Orange owners with Cobra Bobs gaskets from Stang Shifter Gaskets outnumber anything else by a giant percentage. While you are on his site memorize the Terminator FAQ. Just do it.

Congrats on the Cobra. :beer: and :rockon::rockon:

Oh, and while you are swapping that shifter, put in some pennzoil Synchromax and it will get rid of the notchy shifty everybody complains about.

Presteige

Established Member
Welcome. Mgw here. As fat as the boot cover check with tously ford on here. Some great guys and they usually give great deals on any and all parts since your a member.

mach1033

Established Member
I have the Steeda Triax shifter and the Maximum Motorsport strut tower brace and its a 4 point. Here is a pic.
152256[/ATTACH]"]
cobra048.jpg

152258[/ATTACH]"]
cobra044.jpg

152260[/ATTACH]"]
cobra043.jpg

Attachments

• cobra048.jpg
    cobra048.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 45
  • cobra044.jpg
    cobra044.jpg