Soon to be moving to Kansas/Wichita area from Germany in a few months!!!!

Lightnin440

Established Member
Hey all,

Looking to meet up with any of y'all here this summer once I get moved here from Germany! I'll be getting stationed in Wichita, Kansas, but I am def. open to getting out & abroad to cruise & meet with anyone!!
-Chris

Monster Mach

Established Member
Welcome back to the states :) a lil far away from me but still glad to have another mustang fan in america again

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Lightnin440

Established Member
Welcome back to the states :) a lil far away from me but still glad to have another mustang fan in america again

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thanks man!! It has been a hell of a ride here in Germany, but I am def. excited about getting back after 3 years haha I will miss the autobahns & The Ring though for sure. Do you guys here in the Mid-West organize any major events at all??

b_dike

Established Member
The Iowa group always seem to have something going on... I live in Kansas City and we have a small group of cobra owners that cruise together here in KC. Thinking about going to the Iowa meet in June, you should join us up there.

One of my buddies has a 2011 GT500 W/SVTPP bone stock looks just like yours...

M240Bravo

Established Member
Hey we got a few guys in fort Riley. About 5 lightnings, and 3-5 cobra guys.

Also got the SVT cruise in Omaha on June 16th.

Lightnin440

Established Member
The Iowa group always seem to have something going on... I live in Kansas City and we have a small group of cobra owners that cruise together here in KC. Thinking about going to the Iowa meet in June, you should join us up there.

One of my buddies has a 2011 GT500 W/SVTPP bone stock looks just like yours...

Rock on man, that's good to know at least there are some crews of people around! Only sad part is I get to KS in the beginning of July, so no June meets for me :( Otherwise I'd be there. That's cool with your buddy - it's def. a cool combo - I wanted the black stripes at first but then realized the SVTPP was worth having more than decals, not to mention now the look has grown on me hahahaha I'm sure he enjoys his as much as I do mine!!! :rockon:

Lightnin440

Established Member
Hey we got a few guys in fort Riley. About 5 lightnings, and 3-5 cobra guys.

Also got the SVT cruise in Omaha on June 16th.

Badass, how far is Ft. Riley from the Wichita area?? I really dunno to much about the area yet so I gotta learn all that lol That's cool though, always down to meet new peeps to cruise with...DAMN...looks like once again I'll miss out on something awesome in June since I don't get there 'til July...that being said, I'm game for anything from then after haha and I will def. participate in the following years provided I'm not on the other side o' the world again!!

M240Bravo

Established Member
Its about 2 hours away. Also have the F-body/mustang meet in KC in Aug.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Rock on, I can def. try to make that in August - either way, two hours isn't bad at all to meet up with y'all.
I'm sure I've talked to you on the local Wichita forum, where your thread got derailed a bit on the whole N2O vs 2.9 Whipple. WR gets that way lol.

A lot of people from WR go up to the meet in August, it's usually a blast. With KCIR shut down it could be a bit more interesting this year. In Wichita we still have KID and MAD just a county away in Ark City.

By the time you get here you should be able to make automobilia, and the blacktop nationals here in Wichita. Both are basically events where downtown becomes a big carshow. The blacktop nationals are sponsored by Ford and they always bring their new toys down like the just released '12 BOSS 302 (silver/red LS) back in August of '10 :).
I missed automobilia last year since there was severe weather heading in and it was bringing big hail.
(you'll miss the brunt of this storm season, but Kansas weather is bi-polar if not just insane at times.)

Lightnin440

Established Member
I'm sure I've talked to you on the local Wichita forum, where your thread got derailed a bit on the whole N2O vs 2.9 Whipple. WR gets that way lol.

A lot of people from WR go up to the meet in August, it's usually a blast. With KCIR shut down it could be a bit more interesting this year. In Wichita we still have KID and MAD just a county away in Ark City.

By the time you get here you should be able to make automobilia, and the blacktop nationals here in Wichita. Both are basically events where downtown becomes a big carshow. The blacktop nationals are sponsored by Ford and they always bring their new toys down like the just released '12 BOSS 302 (silver/red LS) back in August of '10 :).
I missed automobilia last year since there was severe weather heading in and it was bringing big hail.
(you'll miss the brunt of this storm season, but Kansas weather is bi-polar if not just insane at times.)

Hahahaha yeah, that's me on there (the WR forums) - I figure those guys are cool dudes, but I'm not seriously into nitrous & street racing lol I'll be content with the 2.9 build I am working towards. I hear decent things about KID, & I noticed it's very close to the base!
This sounds awesome, I'll def. want to check out this automobilia show, sounds like it should be a great time! I'd like to get the chance to see a boss in person. I have heard the hail/storms, etc. there can be pretty gnarly! Are there times at least where it's consistent during the summer for good weather! Do they salt the roads there??

Lightnin440

Established Member
Here's some pics...first few are from my first trip with it up to The Nuerburgring...

30152610150275957611032.jpg

30891218722726996561626.jpg

31708910150275956741032.jpg

...The only sticker she'll ever wear...
29674423599813538091078.jpg

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Hahahaha yeah, that's me on there (the WR forums) - I figure those guys are cool dudes, but I'm not seriously into nitrous & street racing lol I'll be content with the 2.9 build I am working towards. I hear decent things about KID, & I noticed it's very close to the base!
This sounds awesome, I'll def. want to check out this automobilia show, sounds like it should be a great time! I'd like to get the chance to see a boss in person. I have heard the hail/storms, etc. there can be pretty gnarly! Are there times at least where it's consistent during the summer for good weather! Do they salt the roads there??

Once you meet the guys on WR it's a blast, it's always been a very tight-knit group. KID is on the north-northwest side of Wichita and McConnell AB is on the SE but the commute times here are some of the best in the country. Yes they salt and sand the roads here, and pretreat the roads with salt brine. We don't usually get a ton of snow, but when we do the sand they use will stay on the roads for weeks-months after we get a few inches of snow. That's the only reason my Lightning stays in the garage through most of the winter. Sadly it's usually really clear during the winter and it would be a great time to drive, but the sand just tears everything up so quick. I am hoping that we'll get some heavy rain today and the roads will clear up soon. (chance of severe storms this afternoon :rockon: ). I love the storms, hate the hail. If you've never experienced a tornado you'll have an adrenaline rush you'll never forget the first time you hear the sirens go off. But they are not real common anymore since we haven't had a tornado actualy "hit" Wichita since May 3 of '99, so it's been a quiet decade.
There is one race red BOSS I've seen around the westside of town late last year. But IF Ford decides to make the BOSS in Deep impact blue for the later '13's or '14's I'll be forced to get one to match the Lightning.:pepper:
BTW the Shelby looks good!

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Whelp, I've jinkxed myself. Wichita and Mcconnell got hit by an EF3 Saturday night. No one killed but Boeing and Spirit got hammered.

M240Bravo

Established Member
Oh I'm so glad I'm out of that shlt hole state. Nothing to ever do, no one ever does anything.

Dolbs4082

Established Member
Theres a group of mustang guys that meet up in wichita on almost a weekly basis. I use to go up and take pics with them, but havent in a year or so. Plan to start attending them again soon. Typically its a meet and greet, then out to dinner, then out to Kansas international dragway...

Thats a clean car you've got there man! Welcome to kansas! haha

Users who are viewing this thread