Soon to be a new GT 500 owner

Paul1138

Established Member
Hi everyone -

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first mustang, a 2013 GT500 in Sterling Grey with black stripes, SVT and Track Package.
At the present time, I have a 2011 BMW 135i. I've been tracking for a few years with NASA doing HPDE on the east coast and the 135i is a hoot to drive, but I know the GT500 is the next level, by far.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with my BMW and what I should expect when I receive the GT500, besides the massive amount of HP.

I look forward meeting everyone and wish me luck with the new Shelby

Best,
Paul

Paul1138

Established Member
Going to try the dealer lot first. I have no problem driving it back to NY from wherever, if need be. Always wanted to do a long road trip with a muscle car. If not, then I'll be ordering it.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Call Ford Customer Service (800-392-3673) and ask them to do a search for the car you want. They will give you up to 5 dealers per call. Most of the cars on the lots are loaded with options, so be prepared to spend more money for unwanted options. Most of the cars that I have found with the track package also have nav, recaros and the Shaker Pro
audio.
Ford CS will also send you a brochure.
If you decide to order, you may be better off waiting for the 2014 GT500. Unless you can find a dealer that still has his 1st allocation available, even then you may have to wait 3-4 months for delivery. Another option is finding a dealer that already has one on order and have him change it to your specs.
Get the zip codes from Ford CS and use this link to search dealers inventories close to the ones they give you.

Ford Search Inventory

Good luck.

Last edited:

Paul1138

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Regarding waiting for a 2014, any benefit? I searched but couldn't find any details between a 2013 and '14 (still too early I'm sure).

Thanks again,
Paul

Marc

Established Member
Let me know if you guys find what I am looking for:

Grabber Blue/Black Stripes
Performance Pack
Electronics Package
Shaker System
NO Glass Sunroof
NO Track Pack

Not in a real hurry to get one as it is still kind of early for me. But, if one pops up and within around 500 miles from SLC, UT, I might have to take a road trip.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I can do them quick for a free lunch.

Are you talking car search?

Seriously? Why do you keep offering help to people at a charge when plenty of other forum members are willing to do it for free? Especially when you are some sort of dealer and probably would have an easier time helping then those doing it for free.

First it was $5-$10 to help look for cars for people. You got called out on that, and now you are looking for a free lunch? If the cars in your signature are legit and all yours, maybe you should be buying someone else lunch, not the other way around. :poke:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Regarding waiting for a 2014, any benefit? I searched but couldn't find any details between a 2013 and '14 (still too early I'm sure).

Thanks again,
Paul

All that's floating around at this time about the 2014 is rumor. I doubt that Ford is going to make any major changes do to the anticipated platform change in 2015. Rumor has it that there might be some other color options and maybe a little more horsepower.

As far as waiting for the 2014, if you order a car today, it probably won't get delivered until late November or sometime in December. Depending on the weather in your area, you may not be able to drive it until next year. Depending on the economy, the 2014 may be more expense than the 2013. If you wait for the 2014, you will be able to compare it to the 2013 and see if there is enough improvement to warrant the extra money. By that time there should be a lot of 2013's still sitting on dealer lots and there may be some good deals to be had.

I don't know how true it is, but someone said that Nov 30th was the last day to place an order for a 2013 and those cars would probably be built in January or February 2014.

As with all rumors take them for what their worth and do further research.

Last edited:

Paul1138

Established Member
All that's floating around at this time about the 2014 is rumor. I doubt that Ford is going to make any major changes do to the anticipated platform change in 2015. Rumor has it that there might be some other color options and maybe a little more horsepower.

As far waiting for the 2014, if you order a car today, it probably won't get delivered until late November or sometime in December. Depending on the weather in your area, you may not be able to drive it until next year. Depending on the economy, the 2014 may be more expense than the 2013. If you wait for the 2014, you will be able to compare it to the 2013 and see if there is enough improvement to warrant the extra money. By that time there should be a lot of 2013's still sitting on dealer lots and there may be some good deals to be had.

I don't know how true it is, but someone said that Nov 30th was the last day to place an order for a 2013 and those cars would probably be built in January or February 2014.

As with all rumors take them for what their worth and do further research.

A lot of food for thought. Thank you, sir.

1stShelby

Established Member
I simply used cars.com. I focused on 2013 Fords with keyword Shelby, any distance and limited to posts added in last three days. Within a week I found my Black/Red in Maine. Easy.

Users who are viewing this thread