Sony W100 Camera need advice

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
I already own a W50 in the cybershot series. and was thinking of upgrading to the W100. (and it being 249.99 at 8mp its a good price cheaper than my w50 over a year ago)

pretty much just need something for good pictures. i dont need award winning shots.

just wondered if anyone owned one or has used it.

or by the specs if it looks like a good camera.

thanks.

Some comparitive of the 2

I posted this in roadside but i guess pics and vids would get a better response.

goobernoodles

Established Member
I don't have an answer to your question...

...but, wanna sell me your camera, if you end up getting a new one? I broke my digital camera at a party.. pushed the lens mechanism back into itself, thinking I was fixing a nonexistent problem. :kaboom:

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
lookin for somethin like 215 for camera and 1 gig memory card. if my brother doesnt want to buy it from me i'd be interested in selling. pretty much the only way i plan on getting the new one is if i sell the old one.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Aside from the increased resolution of the W100, it also has a larger sensor (by a decent margin), and so the pixel density of the W100 is decreased by a quite a bit (~19,000 pixels/mm in the W100, 27,000 pixels/mm in the W50). Decreased pixel density = more light per pixel = less noise = better low light performance = better night shots. That's aside from the slight ISO increase as well. Eash has the same range of definition, and the W100 has a longer possible shutter exposure. Seems like a decent upgrade if you can pawn off the W50.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Aside from the increased resolution of the W100, it also has a larger sensor (by a decent margin), and so the pixel density of the W100 is decreased by a quite a bit (~19,000 pixels/mm in the W100, 27,000 pixels/mm in the W50). Decreased pixel density = more light per pixel = less noise = better low light performance = better night shots. That's aside from the slight ISO increase as well. Eash has the same range of definition, and the W100 has a longer possible shutter exposure. Seems like a decent upgrade if you can pawn off the W50.

Ya, what he said.. because I actually wouldn't have been able to tell you that, but ya!

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
but basically for the average joe such as myself i probably wouldnt notice too much of a difference? and it'd have slightly better daytime and flash pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread