Sony nex-5n anyone?

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
The gf and I are looking to upgrade to a new camera. We are not sure if we want to spend the money or if we will get "that into it", to buy a dlsr.

If anybody has the nex-5n or any experience with it, please chime in!

:read:

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Depends on what your going to do with it. If you are interested in serious photography (not a DSLR with kit lens and auto setting shit) then get a DSLR with some good glass. This is expensive and addicting. :)

If general picture taking is up your alley but you want the photos to look their best with the minimal amount of effort, grab the Nex. It's a perfect cross between a point and shoot and the large bodied DSLR's.

I've got to play with the Sony and the Panasonic GF-1 (similar camera). Both can take some really sharp photos with almost zero effort in a small and portable set up. I've been tempted to buy one myself to replace my spare DSLR I carry on bike rides or hiking trips or anything else that might put my 7D in unnecessary danger. :) Still waiting on the Canon version to come out though.

Heres a few I took of my buddies Telecaster that he's trying to sell with his Panasonic GF-1:
P1020575.gif

P1020587.gif

P1020589.gif

P1020593.gif

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Great info thanks... Yeah the camera seems to be a good choice. Not wanting a serious dslr, a huge body camera. But wanting more then a point and shoot compact camera.

Users who are viewing this thread