Sonos wireless speaker

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Looking to get a nice wireless speaker for my bedroom and so far Sonos seems to be the way to do. do any of you guys have this brand, or recommend one?

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I looked at Sonos, but they are wifi only, so I ended up going with a pair of Bose Soundlink Revolve + Bluetooth speakers instead (30 foot range). They sound amazing with a 360 degree sound field, and the pair can be linked so that you have music throughout the entire home, or in left:right stereo mode. They also have a nice lantern design, so you can carry them with you (No cables), and they sell a nice charging cradle as an accessory.

https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/products/...us.html#v=soundlink_revolve_plus_triple_black

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
We have a Sonos Play5 2nd Gen in our main living area. The space is about 800 sq ft of open area with a vaulted entry. That little speaker fills the whole area with great sound. Their phone app to control it is very well done. IMO Sonos is the best on the market. Pricey but you won't be disappointed. One great things about Sonos is it's modular. So you can add on to the system with ease. If you are a Google nut check out the Google Home Max too.

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
I absolutely love my Sonos system in my bedroom/living room. I already have a traditional speaker setup with a sub, receiver, and 5 speakers in my family room. In my living room I wanted a different situation because everything is very open and my TV is mounted from the ceiling so I do not have cabinet space to put a receiver.

One of the greatest things about the Sonos system replacing a traditional stereo system is that the sound bar basically takes place of your center, left, and right speakers. You then only need to add the two rear speakers and the sub for a complete system. Not only the speakers are wireless, it makes my room much lighter with out all the wiring and receiver. Another advantage is that with the Sonos App you can link all your music together (Amazon, Spotify, Pandora.....ect.) all into one app and play it through the speakers so it becomes duel purpose as a home theater and stereo system. The other advantage from a software standpoint is that the speakers update to the latest firmware and support Amazon Alexa. Another advantage is that with the app you can add more speakers in other rooms and then choose which room you are listening to music in and the music will play there. You will not be disappointed by the sound. It is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread