~ Sonic Blue Whippled Cobra Results ~

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
Nice #'s! I'm a new whipple owner too and am working on the driveability portion of my tune. I'm running a similar setup as you except I'm running the Reichard Racing 3.1" upper. I'm hoping to see around 560'ish with this setup! If I see anymore then that, I'll be elated! :rockon:

Hopefully I'll have some dyno #'s to post up soon too :beer:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Nice #'s! I'm a new whipple owner too and am working on the driveability portion of my tune. I'm running a similar setup as you except I'm running the Reichard Racing 3.1" upper. I'm hoping to see around 560'ish with this setup! If I see anymore then that, I'll be elated! :rockon:

Hopefully I'll have some dyno #'s to post up soon too :beer:

whiplash306 recently has his tuned with the 3.2" rr pulley and was making around 575rwhp at 15.5lbs of boost .. i bet with a good tune a 3.1" could potentionally create 16.5-17lbs of boost and put you around 585rwhp depending on all the factors of course and some of the things being the same like timing/octane/actual boost

Last edited:

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
whiplash306 recently has his tuned with the 3.2" rr pulley and was making around 575rwhp at 15.5lbs of boost .. i bet with a good tune a 3.1" could potentionally create 16.5-17lbs of boost and put you around 585rwhp depending on all the factors of course and some of the things being the same like timing/octane/actual boost

Thanks for that info I appreciate it a ton! I always run 93 octane so I plan to run the 3.2 on the streets. I'm also very conservative on purpose so I'll stick with running lower timing, etc. If/when I ever go to the track, I'll throw some torco in, adjust the tune (I have pro racer package), and will also slap on the 2.8" upper to see if I can bust into the 13's with this heavy tank convertible! :coolman:

03mgtermi

Established Member
ive heard MANY MANY times stay clear of strictly performance. PSI did well on mine and i know he has tuned many local cobras and theyve all had good things to say about Patrick for their power level and drivability ... he is even known nationwide for tuning lightnings

PSI did most of the work on my car and i'm very happy with them. PM me if you have any questions about Houston area tuners, i don't want to talk smack on the internet.

sounds good. i will give them a call when i decide to get the tune looked at. haven't done that since i bought the car. depending on what it puts down and the current AFR/timing, i might have them see if they can squeeze some more out.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Awesome man! Thanks for sharing. You and I have almost identical combos. We have very, very close numbers as well. Tomorrow is my first drive since the blower and tune.
Taking it out of storage and gonna see how she does in the real world.

Congrats again on your numbers.
Ray H.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Awesome man! Thanks for sharing. You and I have almost identical combos. We have very, very close numbers as well. Tomorrow is my first drive since the blower and tune.
Taking it out of storage and gonna see how she does in the real world.

Congrats again on your numbers.
Ray H.

the car MOVES .. i love it ... i love 3rd gear .. i was doing a 3/4 throttle pull today around 40mph to about 70 then i quickly mashed it and it was like i was spraying nitrous how much faster it pulled with the extra boost it made ... the car is a beast!

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
the car MOVES .. i love it ... i love 3rd gear .. i was doing a 3/4 throttle pull today around 40mph to about 70 then i quickly mashed it and it was like i was spraying nitrous how much faster it pulled with the extra boost it made ... the car is a beast!
I love to hear this, i'm so excited :beer:St. Patrick's Day! I'm getting my Whipple installed this spring. I have the mods in my sig and have never been in a faster car so I'm jacked to get the Whip installed. One owner said it's like driving the car for the first time again!

I would love to hear others give impressions of first drive with their new TwinScrew SuperChargers KB or Whip. :burnout:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
honestly my old setup (stock with exhaust only) felt like a dang turd compared to this ... ive actually only floored it one time so far for more than a second .. that was a 70-110mph pull in 3rd and WOW did 110 get there fast ... for a car to gain speed that dang quickly when already moving 70mph i was like :dancenana: ... i cant floor it in 2nd(at any mph), which stinks but to mash it in 2nd and feel the rear wanna scwabble is cool .. im still learning the new power so im taking it easy

Last edited:

'88347coupe

just a good ol boy
Established Member
honestly my old setup (stock with exhaust only) felt like a dang turd compared to this ... ive actually only floored it one time so far for more than a second .. that was a 70-110mph pull in 3rd and WOW did 110 get there fast ... for a car to gain speed that dang quickly when already moving 70mph i was like :dancenana: ... i cant floor it in 2nd(at any mph), which stinks but to mash it in 2nd and feel the rear wanna scwabble is cool .. im still learning the new power so im taking it easy

glad you like it Cody... And scwabble is not a word...:D.. Maybe wobble, or sqwirm, wiggle, pucker... nah **** it I like scwabble:beer:

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
I love to hear this, i'm so excited :beer:St. Patrick's Day! I'm getting my Whipple installed this spring. I have the mods in my sig and have never been in a faster car so I'm jacked to get the Whip installed. One owner said it's like driving the car for the first time again!

I would love to hear others give impressions of first drive with their new TwinScrew SuperChargers KB or Whip. :burnout:

First impressions? I haven't really been able to get into much boost since the tune is still being worked on, however, it's a significant difference from what I can tell. The boost pours on rapidly.... my old setup was approx 500rw/500tq with the ported eaton and very conservative tune.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i start to hear the whistle above 2,300-2,500ish rpms ... and it is much louder and nicer sounding than my unported/unpullied eaton

Users who are viewing this thread