sonic blue 03 help?

Lazerred98cobra

Established Member
just wondering if my strategy will work well on my new 03 cobra.. Its in really nasty shape as far as the paint goes and the last owners washing techniques and knowledge drive me crazy but I love the color and couldnt resist the car..

Anyway I was planning to go with the follow setup and wonder how well you gurus thing it will work and suggestions are great appreciated

#1 wash and clay
#2 wash again
#3 ssr 2.5 orange pad
#4 ssr 2.5 white pad
#5 ssr 1.0 white pad
#6 clearkote moose wax with blue pad

How do you think this will work and should I try something else?

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
get some red moose glaze from clearkote it will make the flake pop! and made for dark paint too !

but it sounds like a good starter list

Cannonball

Established Member
Do you already have the Poor Boy's polish? I would use it if that's what you have, if your going to order it I would look at something else. Megs 105/205 or Optimum compound ll & polish ll would be a better choice. Also I would wipe the car down with a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water using a microfibre towel in place of the second wash.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
If you could, do some before and after photos. I did a 3 step process on my sonic blue about 2 months ago when I first got it. Just a simple wash, clay, polish, and wax. I used all Meguire's products. Took me about 12 hours and I was pretty pleased with the results. I know I can do better though. I'm interested to see how things turn out for you.

Lazerred98cobra

Established Member
well I already have the poorboys so I would like to use it but I guss if I want it to lok great then I could do another product anyone have the order I should use the 205/105 in and with what pads?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Your combo seems like it will yield some serious results

I just did my 51k mile sonic blue with the following, and im very happy. Went with what was available at the local body shop here.

wash
Clay Bar
wash
Presta Swirl Remover
Presta Chroma Polish
Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow Wax

Used a Finish Line Products white foam pad......

Users who are viewing this thread