Sonax wheel cleaner - I approve!

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
It's been raining for over a week straight so my wheels were NAAAASTY. I had ordered some stuff from John at Lethal and the sonax wheel cleaner was one of the items and finally got a chance to wash the car yesterday.

Directions say to spray and let it hang out for 3~5 minutes. Literally after I had gotten all 4 wheels sprayed, I walked around to the 1st wheel I sprayed and there was a puddle of what appeared to be crude oil on the ground surrounding the wheel
grinning-smiley-004.gif

After a couple of minutes, I wanted to see how clean it was without me touching the wheel so I sprayed it with the hose and it was actually really clean. Not perfect and had some streaks where the sonax had run down the parts of the wheel but MAN did that stuff work. I went over each wheel with a separate microfiber mitt (I use 1 for the car and 1 for the wheels) with the soap/water and they were spotless.

I've tried probably a dozen different wheel cleaners at this point and this is the first one (besides teh griot's garage wheel cleaner) that doesn't come from an auto parts store and it's the first one that legitimately WORKS how you think that a wheel cleaner SHOULD work.

Loosening the brake dust and dirt for you to have to wipe all of it off is one thing and something that every wheel cleaner will do but actually REMOVING it without you having to hardly touch it is on a totally different level of cleaning performance and something that until now, I didn't know a wheel cleaner could do.

So that's my review of the sonax cleaner. PM john@lethal for a forum discount and save a few bucks, and if you don't have any nice (as in not from an auto parts store) microfiber towels, he also has good prices on the cobra towels which I'm a big fan of.

oldmodman

Established Member
I am a confirmed Sonax user too. I does such a great job on metallic brake dust, gets it all off without scrubbing.
Even on the inside wheel barrel which is nearly impossible to get clean.
Now if only Sonax smelled good it would be even better.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey Drew

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that the wheel cleaner worked out for you (I told you it would! ;-) )

Now would also be a pretty good time to tell you guys that we have the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brushes. We're still building the page on the site, but I have them here. The Sonax and the Daytona Wheel Brush are a flawless combo when cleaning wheels. If you don't have one already, it is definitely a garage necessity to safely maintain your wheels.

Remember guys, if you have any questions whatsoever, PM or give me a call. You're all entitled to that discount. So let me know!

PS-Anything that we don't have, shoot me a PM and ask. Chances are I can get my hands on it.:thumbsup:

FastRedPonyCar