SON1C Wax ProtoFoam 1 & 7 Ultimate Foam Cannon Soap

SON1C

Established Member
[video=youtube;_76U1rOQlE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_76U1rOQlE8[/video]

Quick video update on my latest ProtoFoam, hoping to finalize this over the next month . . but we will see.

oldmodman

Established Member
A couple of questions.

How does it smell? The scent is one of the reasons I am using Chemical Guys Honeydew.

What dilution did you use in the foamer tank? My foam gun is shorter and I use three oz of soap then fill with water. Anything less and I don't get the hang time I want from the foam.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I can't tell you how many times I've had a foam canon in a shopping cart and didn't pull the trigger. Can't decide if it'd be worth it or if it's just a cool toy whose novelty would wear off

clean92lx

Established Member
a must for anyone trying to prevent swirls.

I'm worried it would be what causes swirls. I just feel like it wouldn't get all the dirt off the car, then when I towel/shammy dry, I would be rubbing left over dirt into the paint....

But...I think I'm going to give it a try. What's the best foam solution to get? Order something special online or just pick up a bottle of meguiars from Wal-Mart?

Last edited:

JpL4K3

Established Member
I'm worried it would be what causes swirls. I just feel like it wouldn't get all the dirt off the car, then when I towel/shammy dry, I would be rubbing left over dirt into the paint....

But...I think I'm going to give it a try. What's the best foam solution to get? Order something special online or just pick up a bottle of meguiars from Wal-Mart?

I use it as a prewash to loosen the dirt before my wash mit touches the car. This is what I do;

1. Soak vehicle with pressure washer
2. Fill foam cannon with hot water and soap.
3. Foam car, and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse
5. Repeat step 3.
6. Two bucket wash.

This may seem a little overboard for some people, but this method has really helped reduce swirls in my black car.

I use HoneyDew foam from Chemical Guys.

SNmustang95

Established Member
I can't tell you how many times I've had a foam canon in a shopping cart and didn't pull the trigger. Can't decide if it'd be worth it or if it's just a cool toy whose novelty would wear off

When my car gets washed, sometimes it's just super dusty and doesn't need hand washed so I just foam it. It's really nice honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread