Somthing wicked this way comes :)

00SS

Established Member
On my way into work today, and i'm rolling up spur408 heading towards north Dallas I spy in front of me a black corba (98ish older body style) i rollup beside him and i don't even have to instagate ..he throws me a rev and i'm like cool he's actually wanting to run. Being today is the friday b4 x-mas the traffic was really lite.. so i roll down the window and tell him let's let the cars in front of us run out a bit after the cars were well up ahead of us (and besides pissing the people off behing us) I motion 'GO' he nails it and i follow suit.. we went from a 20roll (which is my sweet spot) my nittos are in def. in need of replacement.. i kicked the ass end a little sideways but caught traction about 1/2 way through 1st, and it was bye bye snake. I took it upto around 90 and i had at least 4-5 cars on em'. He came back up and gave me a thumbs up and just yelled damnnnn. I gave the sprotsman thumb back and keep going on my way. Well, if that wasn't cool enough, i see another scoop coming up on me fast.. so i slow down to see what was up and i see a new (01-02) Burgandy GT with a def. aftermarket exhaust (car sounded real good) I move over a lane and try telling him to roll the window down to see if he was game. He just nodded ahead and i was like OK that's usually my way of saying i'll give you the jump I motioned back 'on three' so i started honking 1-2-3 we both take off at around 40ish and instantly put 2 cars on him.. but the odd thing is that's where he stayed up until 90-95mph and i was like damn...he's pretty quick. I let him catch up and was gonna talk to the guy for a sec.. he just had this smug 'FU' type look on his face, so i felt compelled to rub it in a little.. i yelled your gonna have to 'up' the jets on your spray if you wanna hang with the SS
Overall a great drive into work.. one really cool guy and one as**ole. But i'll take 2 stang kills for breakfast.

I can't wait for spring, the wife's alreay told me i can spend some money to get it completed (the way i want it) so i'll have the stageII heads, ls6 intake and a dyno-retune on order come March. I'm shooting for high 10's on all motor, then i'll be done with my daily driver. Thens it new project time

Take care.. & merry x-mas to all

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Sounds like you've got a beefy ride-soon to be beefier! I raced an 99 (?) SS not too long ago and we were pretty much equal, I couldnt gain on him and vice versa, I was fully expecting to get beat, but I was pleasently surprised. I do it just to race- win, loose or draw. I know at some point fown the line, I will get taken by a ricer they are getting faster/quicker and that might sting a little, but it just proves that the guy/girl behind the wheel is a serious car enthusiast, and to me that's what it is all about! I say they take the attitudes and shove them up their asses, it's all about fun! Of course there is a certain amount of pleasure to be had beating an A-hole with an attitude. Take it easy!!

A

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I admire you're calmness when it comes to ricers. As soon as I lose to a ricer,it's time to get the credit card out.

morrisc

Established Member
Hey SS I coming to dallas to p/u my new ride. Maybee you cant beat the tar out of me so I can get motivated to mod the hell out of it . Sold the L

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
I admire you're calmness when it comes to ricers. As soon as I lose to a ricer,it's time to get the credit card out.

Hasnt happned in the Cobra but I used to owna 69 mustang with a balanced 302, ported 351W heads, gasket matched Weind intake, 501 lift In/ex Erson cam, decent ignition, Edelbrock 650 vac sec.'s, hookers backed by a C4 with B&M kit w/a 2500 stall and 3.55's in the pumpkin. Was running low 14's with LOTS of tire spin on sh##ty tires(spinnin 1st, 2nd and barking 3rd) Shoulda been 13's but traction was a obviosly a prob. I went to Pomona back when they still had the street legals and first run I beat a bubble back vette and I was stoked, next run a turbo Eclipse came up beside me and I was feeling confident to say the least. Well he took me, mid 13 second pass that I was not expecting. I was real pissed, after thinking about it, it just comes down to the fact that someone is always faster, sometimes it's an import. I have seen a couple imports get into the 12's at Pomona. I wont talk sh#t about a car just cuz it's an import-although they're not what I am into. I will however, talk much smack about an idiot with a bunch of stickers and a fart pipe who thinks he can run 12's cuz he put a 8 inch exhaust. It all comes down to Cubic dollars sometimes have more on cubic inches, unless you have cubic inches AND cubic dollars, a place where i'd like to be someday!!!. Sorry I'm babbling I'll shut up now, I get to like that after a few. ;-)

Alex

00SS

Established Member
Morrisc - when you coming up to Dallas and what are you picking up?? We should hook up while your in town and get a few brews... and i'm always up for a good friendly race :)

sohowcome - thanks man... yea, there's no need to bust on the stangs... theres some fast ones here in Dallas that would have no prob spanking my ass. Just haven't found one of em yet ;)

c ya

morrisc

Established Member
93 Cobra bought it in Nov Just been too busy with work to get out there I will try to be out there around the 10th of Jan

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Good kills!

Unfortunately there's always a jerk or two (or twenty) out there who can't take a loss. Like I say - learn from it and mod harder. Oh well, YOU got the win and that's all that matters.

By the way, nice to see Chevy and Ford getting along. :cool: I love that rivalry! It makes both parties better. Now, if Chevy actually puts out that freakin' Cavalier 220 Turbo I'll be content. Ford is representing majorly w/ the SVT Focus...we gotta have something to compete off the showroom floor. Oh well, at least we finally got a good aftermarket supercharger. That'll help...after dropping a few $ thou $. :D

Again, good kills!

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Good kill 00SS. I too respect a kill from a Chevy dude if the guy doesn't put down Cobras. I run a Cobra over the holidays. I didn't know if it was a 32V at first. See my post. It was no contest. We pulled over and talked. It was a '94 Cobra with a 5.0. He was a cool guy. I told him that he could really beef up the 5.0 to bust about anything on the road because of the aftermarket parts available for the 5.0.

00SS

Established Member
Thanks guys.. finally getting back to the boards after the new years festivities :) I'll be looking for a saleen prolly end of the year (i love the way those look) just can't justify to the wife on why i need it'. I have decided to make the SS my 'race car' and get a saleen as a daily driver. I have spent numerous $$ on the tranny and since some idiot bitc* hit me so i figure i'll just tub it when it's paid for and put a BB w/ blower ;)

You guys think i'm better off getting a cobra and putting the kit on it.. or paying the extra $$ for the true-saleen.

morrisc

Established Member
Go with the cobra I got a buddy you need to talk to when you get ready plus if you buy either I can get you a x plan. The only problem I have heard of wwith the saleen is that ther diffcult to modify I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread