Something's wrong

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
ysysyma4.jpg

The best I could do

hitnrun

Established Member
There could be a ton of things, including the driver (even though I am not pointing my finger your way), that could cause your car to not be running properly. What mods are on the car? Miles/recent major maintenance? Have you checked the IMRC's? By cleaning the IMRC's you will also be able to see every other part of your intake and be able to find if maybe something is going on there. Have you had the car tuned or even dyno'd? More info please

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
It could be me, first time at the track in about 3 yrs

Mods : flow master, k&n, maf, short throw, springs, pulleys I think

The tune is one that came with the car so I'm not sure what's it's running

I'm cleaning and deleting my IMRCs soon along with a new tune and Dyno

hitnrun

Established Member
Get the IMRC deletes UncleSam is selling (he quoted me $110 overnight shipped!) and get a tune. You will be able to tell by the numbers you put down if there may be something wrong with the car. Judging by the 60ft it may just be you , but definately doesn't hurt to make sure and do the IMRC deletes :)

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
Now granted I did leave the light later than I wanted, I do need more practice

I'm just gonna do my own deletes cause it's cheaper and I like workin on it

Is there anything I should look for when I tear it down? Besides dirty? What kinda plugs should I go with since I'll be doin that too

hitnrun

Established Member
Well with the actual IMRC's, they are just going to look extremely black and have large amount of carbon built up (depending on if they have ever been cleaned before). You will probably want 4-5 cans of carb cleaner. Basically make sure that all the components of the intake that you took off (TB, upper intake manifold, lower IM, etc) get a good clean. Why rip the car apart and not clean the parts right? Also, just as a side note, make sure that you cover the intake ports going into your cylinders. We definitely don't want anything falling in there.

As for the plugs, you aren't running nitrous or forced induction so you don't really need to worry bout going with a cooler plug. Just get plugs that are OEM replacement and not platinum.

01BeansGt

Established Member
Op get more practice getting off the line, that should help. The best I ran in my gt was a 8.9 n constantly ran 9.0s. My mods are Jlt cai, bbk t/b, o/r x, weld in flows and a programmer. I was on drag radials though n my clutch was no good.

hitnrun

Established Member
Doesn't look like a strong launch. What tires/gears are you running and what rpm were you launching at?

ctgreddy

Established Member
wait a minute what car is this? are you talking about the '03 gt in your sig? if so, there's no imrc's. more practice and you should get lower 14's. the trap is horrible, on street tires you should be able to get around a 2.0-2.1 60', and dropping it that much off your times will result in atleast .6 off your et, combined with more practice in terms of shifting at correct times and what not i see no reason why you cant get down to a 14.5, which depending on elevation may be all the cars got. especially being a heavy vert. if you want better times more mods are going to need to be done. like gears, tune, exhaust work, etc.

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
It's gonna be tuned at Fastlane by next month so that'll take care of that, along with the IMRCs

And this is the cobra..... Need someone to make me a new sig

Users who are viewing this thread