something seems off

redline5.0

Established Member
So I've had my car back together for about 4-5k now after having the engine built. Currently the only performance mods it has is cobra jet intake, scj throttle body, boss 302r exhaust cams and a aed e85 tune. I know the cobra jet loses some trq but I used to light the tires off in 2nd but it doesn't bust lose at all in 2nd but seems to move out all right. Also with the build bottom end I know i'm going to lose some power but something just feels off. I think Shaun did 1 or 2 revisions but figured there would be some more left in the tank. What kind of numbers is everyone else seeing with similar mods? I know the only way to see where I'm at is to toss it on the rollers or go to the track. I raced a buddy from a roll in his srt4 and I know what it's putting out for pwr and trq and don't think It should of been that close of a race either.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
what is your compression ratio and what were your HP/Trq numbers? Do you have any before and after dyno sheets? Any track results to base your feelings off of?

redline5.0

Established Member
what is your compression ratio and what were your HP/Trq numbers? Do you have any before and after dyno sheets? Any track results to base your feelings off of?

I have zero data from before because I bought the car, had someone install headers and dented the oil pan and that's when the build started because the engine was starved for oil. I need to get it on a dyno and see what it's doing now at least and go from there. Of coarse now I'm thinking maybe they didn't time something right or install the cam's properly etc....that or I'm expecting way to much out of the car. Engine is on the stock compression as well. It's making more power then stock no doubt but I guess I'm disappointed from my run yesterday. Was just curious what some other people were putting down as far as power and 1/4 times so I can try and see where I'm at.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread