something odd.........for me anyway

Sephiroth

Established Member
Ok, i was just informed that yesterday around 4 or 5pm someone was seen in my backyard(by my neighboor) taking pictures of the back of my house, and also the front. My neighboor said they also walked the width of my front yard and took pics....Im wondering wtf?
Anyone have any ideas? Im not selling my house either?
Kinda bothers me though, maybe i need No Tresspass signs? Like that would help :cuss:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The town could be reassessing property values for tax reasons. Have you done any recent alterations/remodeling to your home that might have required a permit? Could be your mortgage company for some strange reason maybe they are going to repossess:D

nj7703

Established Member
Property dispute? has a neighbor in an adjacent lot maybe asked for the property to be re-surveyed? either way it would anoy me too, just have them walk thru the property like that.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Ok, i was just informed that yesterday around 4 or 5pm someone was seen in my backyard(by my neighboor) taking pictures of the back of my house, and also the front. My neighboor said they also walked the width of my front yard and took pics....Im wondering wtf?
Anyone have any ideas? Im not selling my house either?
Kinda bothers me though, maybe i need No Tresspass signs? Like that would help :cuss:
My guess would be city assesor.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I've told everyone with the city and utilities to put it on record that I have an invisible fence so I find it funny when I see someone who wasn't informed by their bosses running to get away from my German Shepherd. She probably wouldn't hurt them but they don't know that. When they run, she chases. SHE knows where the fence is. The landscapers used to cut through my yard to get to the next block but I think the word got around. Plus my neighbors now have 2 German Shepherds.

If you call your city gov., they may be able to let you know who it was. If it's anything important, you'll probably find out about it sooner or later one way or another. Hopefully not a tax sale notice. jk LOL. :beer:

GoatDaddy

a few months ago I found the paper from a Polaroid photo in my yard. You know the paper that you peel off but still shows a grainy black&white image of the original photo? Well, it was of the front of my house, and a car I didn't recognize was in the driveway. I got a strange feeling, wracked my brain about what it could be, then put it away in a ziploc bag without touching it any more than I had to...just "in case."
Then a few days later one of my neighbors comes up and says that he had seen a car pull in, a guy get out and take pics of my house. I ask for make, model, color of car, but only get, "I think it was red. Maybe a Chevy."
THEN, a few days later, I'm working in my yard, and a car stops, a guy gets out and introduces himself as working for some mortgage company, and he'd like a photo of our house to use as a comp.
THat's probably what the Polaroid paper was from, too.
Your case is probably something like that, or something from the city as others have said.

ltv1

Established Member
I really, really, really, react poorly to uninvited company. With me it is a privacy issue. It is my only sanctuary. Our town has this deal where you have to get an official looking badge. Lots of scam artists try to take advantage of the old/ feeble people. All of the utility workers are identified. People rarely screw around in peoples back yards here anyway. Too many dawgz. Big dawgz.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I think that is the best idea. My town has just passed the ordinance where if you are going to do any solicitation in the town you must have a town issued photo id.

ltv1

Established Member
It is a good thing. We live in this lost in the 50's little town in the middle of a big shitty city. We have our own little police department. They hand out a lot of traffic tickets, we have the lowest taxes and the slowest drivers in the county. The town makes even more money selling solicitation (isn't that prostitution) :) badges.

Ding Dong. My doorbell. A little Chinese kid selling melted chocolate. I said "Who are you selling those for?" He named my place of employment! I didn't know of any Asian melted chocolate sales campaign. Some hooptie van with a chain smoking dude in it was down the way. That was just funny. Some stuff isn't. Some people are trusting.

Here, what you want to keep goes into your garage or house. Hillbillies will send their kids to "scout" for them. I caught two kids in what is now Votos and Crips country, my old house, looking at my W. German windsurfing gear and my Caloi. Let out my self-trained homicidal psychopath dog, he started ripping the lattice work off to kill them! I guess you had to be there! God I miss him. Best 40.00 I ever spent. Dawgz, can't go wrong.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
FF is my favorite game saga, I've followed it since FF1 on nintendo, hell yeah!

I agree 100% , oops off topic :-D

GoatDaddy

Guess what? I'm at home this morning waiting for some workers to show up, and about ten mins ago guy in a silver SVT Ficus pulled up and took a pic. I went outside and asked if I could help him, and he was a real estate appraiser looking for comps.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
Guess what? I'm at home this morning waiting for some workers to show up, and about ten mins ago guy in a silver SVT Ficus pulled up and took a pic. I went outside and asked if I could help him, and he was a real estate appraiser looking for comps.

you should litter your front lawn with plastic pink flamingos, maybe buy a junker, put in on blocks in the front yard, and old sofa, give them something to take pictures of

97whitecobra

Established Member
If you have only been in the house a year or less it is actually vey common to have this happen. It is indeed an appraiser using your house as a comp. Someone is probably refinancing in your area and they must like yours for value. No worry's.

GoatDaddy

lol, Alex. That was my first thought. My wife won't let me have a gun though, so I carry a cactus and a ziploc baggie of dog poop.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Can you imagine getting pulled over by a LEO and having him find the baggie?
LEO: whats in the bag son? Dope?
Snail50: no sir, its dog poop .
LEO: dog poop???
Snail50: yes sir, for protection but dont worry- I have a permit and there are no peanuts in the poop.

You are a funny SOB Ben :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread