Something not to do with your Stang...

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
This is more of a warning for those of you that live in extremely hot climates.... Let your car cool down for several hours before you put her in the garage.

Well, I had driven the car pretty hard yesterday(Trying to keep up with the rear bumper of StangFan's new Cobra) so I let her cool down for about 45 minutes before putting her in the garage. Well, after about 30 minutes of being in the garage, the car alarm goes off. I still don't know why it went off(do the alarms have some kind of thermal sensor) but it was extremely hot in the garage so I opened up the doors and turn on two box fans to cool her down. 2 hours later and she is still pretty hot to the touch. Is this typical for a car to stay hot for 3 hours? I know a 95 degree day doesn't help but 3 hours. I can't imagine how hot the Cobra engines get. Just a warning to let your car cool down before you put them in the garage.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Remember the block is cast iron. This keep the temp up for a long time. This is a more a good thing then anything else it reduces stress on the block.

Users who are viewing this thread