Something interesting has happened to my Trac Lok

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
I've read several threads about the trac lok button...most say they turn off the lock upon starting their cobras. My situation is different - within the past week, my Trac Lok is OFF when I start the car - I've done nothing to the car. I know there is some correlation to the ABS, and mine is still working as its supposed to.

I've experimented in my GF's driveway, and sure 'nuff, its not on when I start the car. If I turn it on, it works.....

Any opinions as to what's going on?

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
I believe you are talking about traction control not trac lok. Trac Lok allows both wheels to spin. Its Fords name for Positrac (which is chevy). Now you can get a little box that will turn the traction control off automatically when you turn the car on. Is it possible that someone installed it before you owned the car. Another thing is when the light is on the traction control is off when the light is on the traction control is off. When you start the car the light turns on for a few seconds then turns off so you may be looking at it at the wrong time. I drive around without the traction control at all times with exception of when it is snowing or raining really hard.

Users who are viewing this thread