Something got under my hood. Part ID needed

99arboC

Established Member
Well opened my hood this morning and found this!

null_zps4e3a2316.gif

So either a cat or a Marten got under my hood I guess? I had to park the car outside for a few nights since we were moving and the garages were a mess of boxes. So what is this part that was sitting on my intake? Its says FOMOCO on one side and the other has 4r33-01523-ac and B491DL tried searching for where it goes and the numbers on line and no luck.

null_zpsd3583683.gif

null_zpsdc40b74a.gif

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
That rubber cap goes in the firewall right behind the cloth diaper thing. If you feel your hands down along the firewall behind the passenger cylinder head, you'll feel the opening.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
That looks like a grommet that you can feed wires through the firewall with. Are there purposed holes in it?

99arboC

Established Member
That rubber cap goes in the firewall right behind the cloth diaper thing. If you feel your hands down along the firewall behind the passenger cylinder head, you'll feel the opening.

Thanks that is exactly where it goes it popped right in. Also had another look around and didn't find any other damage. Gave her a nice rub down with some chem guys XXX hard core carnauba and she in the garage where she belongs. Kinda sucks because the big rip stick out to me as soon as I open the hood.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Thanks that is exactly where it goes it popped right in. Also had another look around and didn't find any other damage. Gave her a nice rub down with some chem guys XXX hard core carnauba and she in the garage where she belongs. Kinda sucks because the big rip stick out to me as soon as I open the hood.

I would just remove the diaper altogether now that it's damaged. The firewall should be body-colored so it'll probably look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread