Something Different, Harley Davidson Audio System

Copper&Black

Established Member
I finished up the install of my new audio system on my '16 Road Glide. The stock system sucked and couldn't be heard at speeds north of 60mph. I put an Arc Audio Moto 600.4, Moto 602's (6.5") up front, and Moto 692's (6x9") in the new Hogtunes saddlebag speaker lids.

Here are a couple videos I took for the audio build thread I am doing over on a Harley forum. GoPro mic sucks at picking up the clarity of the audio but oh well.

[video=youtube_share;hLaNTn7BNdk]http://youtu.be/hLaNTn7BNdk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;FhFjTDvvKLQ]http://youtu.be/FhFjTDvvKLQ[/video]

SirShaun

Established Member
Your not the type of guy, who appears to be a hard ass, that blasts German Heavy Metal and terrorizes strip malls are you? I dislike those guys.

Last edited:

Copper&Black

Established Member
I bet it's stupid loud.

OP is that your Z28?

The bike is not very loud by Harley standards. The loud ones are the guys with the short two into one exhausts. Mine is a dual exhaust that comes out below each saddle bag w/ decent mufflers.

Yup that's my Z, if you look closely behind it you'll see the GT500 on the two post lift.

Last edited:

Copper&Black

Established Member
Your not the type of guy, who appears to be a hard ass, that blasts German Heavy Metal and terrorizes strip malls are you? I dislike those guys.

Not at all. Actually the volume goes way down whenever I am not on the highway.

Copper&Black

Established Member
Where did you hide the amp?

It's tight but it is inverted under the bracket that supports the head unit. Arc actually sells the plate for the amp for Road Glides making it easy.

887bad7071bc3aa14a04fb14fc2e3e8d_zpsbdq11pst.jpg

d5f168224f3fb91c9a1580cdb34cda1d_zps852fecxs.jpg

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The bike is not very loud by Harley standards. The loud ones are the guys with the short two into one exhausts. Mine is a dual exhaust that comes out below each saddle bag w/ decent mufflers.

Yup that's my Z, if you look closely behind it you'll see the GT500 on the two post lift.

I saw that too!

Nice collection.

Copper&Black

Established Member
IMG_5752_zpsmohce3z0.jpg

IMG_5753_zpsugtkftbx.jpg

New chin piece that's going on once I find a new front fender I like or make one from a blank.

IMG_5835%202_zpsemqmwpmq.jpg

IMG_5836%202_zpsuua5qcck.jpg

Last edited:

Copper&Black

Established Member
Do the saddlebag speakers make a big difference? Thought about getting them for my street glide

A "Holy Shit" difference. Do it, you won't be disappointed. The faster you go the more you loose the surround sound effect and you start to only hear the ones in front. You might have an even better experience since your front faring is more in your face.

Blackness03

Established Member
A "Holy Shit" difference. Do it, you won't be disappointed. The faster you go the more you loose the surround sound effect and you start to only hear the ones in front. You might have an even better experience since your front faring is more in your face.

Wow thanks. I'm going to look into it. Do you still get the surround sound effect at say 55mph?

Users who are viewing this thread