Someone with a kind heart...

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
I cant seem to find my repair manuals and I need to know the process to remove both the front and rear bumper covers. I'm getting them repainted because they are long overdue.

Think someone can find it in their heart to take their Haynes or Chilton manual and scan in the instructions on how to remove the bumpers? I would be most thankful.

I know the plastic rivets have to be removed, but I dont know where im going from there.

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
Dude if I was at home i would do it for you, I just took my front bumper cover off my 97 yesterday, but it was fairly easy due to no headlights. I would imagine that you have to take them out or remove the splash guards to reach the two nuts on each side the attaches the fender to the frtbumper. If no one has posted the full details when I get home i will look it up in my hanes manual.

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
I already know about the splashguards, but there are a few other bolts and nuts that i know I gotta find.

On the plus side, im getting both bumpers done professionally for only $300 :).

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
Gimme a sec... not sure how helpful it's gonna be without the pics, but maybe u can figure it out without them. Coming from Haynes... (typing is a b*tch)

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
bah, i decided to take pics cuz i dun have a scanner. What's ur email? It'd be easier that way than for me to have to upload...

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
Thanks guys. I actually was able to dig up the ISO of the Ford manual for 1996, so I have all the technical schematics.

You all still get my appreciation though. Give me a call at work if you need a part. 610 251 2397 x305. I'll hook ya up :).

white98snake said:
Coming from a bodyshop owner $300 is a steal, but the shop should easily be able to do it with the bumpers on

He can do it with the bumpers on, but I am needing to do some other stuff to the car as well, so I just decided to pull the bumpers off so I can keep working on the car. Track season is just up ahead :). I do have rock chips and so forth that could be taken care of in the hood, and a scratch on my fender that I could have worked on, but those are covered currently and I can get those fixed at a later date. The paint on the car being 11 years old is in very good condition. Just needs some claybarring and some TLC :).

The bumper covers are needing to be painted though. The front is scratched to holy hell, and the back has paint coming off thanks to a nice hit and run, plus some exhaust discoloration from when I wasnt running my exhaust tips (another reason why I need to get underneath there to get those damn hangars set properly).

Once all of this is done though, the car should look brand spanking new. Just gotta do some detailing :).

Last edited:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
MTShambles said:
Thanks guys. I actually was able to dig up the ISO of the Ford manual for 1996, so I have all the technical schematics.

do you have it on CD, if so, can i get a copy? i'll host it on bittorrent for the world to share :)

Users who are viewing this thread