Someone tell me if this is a scam...

Blackvenom12

I Like Snakes
Established Member
Ok so I have my 2003 Sonic Blue cobra for sale on eBay and this guy sends me this e-mail, and I am very skeptical about the authenticity of it. Let me know what you guys think...

Hello,

I would like to buy this item, but I need some form of sales contract to be sure that I am the only buyer of the item and to cover our deal even if it's going through ebay's auction system. Sorry to be this leery but there are so many fake listings these days. I'm a new member and I've just been burnt... I have a sales contract prepared so I can send it to you and look at it and tell me if it is OK. How would you like payment ?

Thank you,
David

I think its total BS but who knows... Thanks guys

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
item? that doesnt even sound right at all, seems like an automated email set up

JasonSnake

Established Member
anyone that refers to your Cobra as "item" is an automatic red flag. I didn't even finish reading the first sentence.

Common

Established Member
Where is the guy from?

There is a guy from VA, his business is buying up terminators pretty much, especially sonic blue ones. I talked to him a long time ago, he has a legit business, name is Rob iirc.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
The guy who bought my mustang sent an email similar, but it turned out to be legit. Not saying its safe, just telling you my experience.

Blackvenom12

I Like Snakes
Established Member
oh nice man, that gives me a little hope, maybe he's just some super proper old man that doesnt know how to write a convincing e-mail :shrug: we will have to wait and see

Blackvenom12

I Like Snakes
Established Member
yeah "item" is the red flag in this case, i'll post up when he responds, going on about 7 hours since I replied

jwlightning

Established Member
I'm in sales, and I deal with this everyday. It's only a scam if you let it be. Play it out with the man. Example...I had a guy in South Africa try to buy a horse trailer from me and his english was broken, but he never did the "I'll pay you more than it's worth and you pay the shipper B.S." I ended up discrediting him as a scammer, and guess what....a dealership in Ohio sold the guy a trailer. It doesn't hurt to play it out, just don't fall for anything shady.

Blackvenom12

I Like Snakes
Established Member
yeah i've got my dad with me on this one and he thinks its whale sh!t but who knows, it sure as hell takes a long time to respond, seeing that he wants to buy the "item" so rapidly... **** online scamming man i thought i had this thing sold...

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
yeah this guy is full of sh!t, ive come to a conclusion

Honestly dude. i had almost the same email as you when selling my jetski. i dont even think they read anything u send them. As god as my witness i respondd to the second email as folows " Im sure we can make a deal then. Would it be possible that you cold sent me some brown eye shots of your wifes asshole? That would sweeten the deal even more. Also, i dont have the life jackets anymore cause Ninjas broke into my garage and stole them. We have had a big problem with ninjas in the neighborhood." He writes back "Every looks good with pictures of the Item your selling..... blah, blah". Like i said, its almost like robots or something. Write a crude email to the guy like i did. Its fun

Heavy Cargo

Banned
Ok so I have my 2003 Sonic Blue cobra for sale on eBay and this guy sends me this e-mail, and I am very skeptical about the authenticity of it. Let me know what you guys think...

Hello,

I would like to buy this item, but I need some form of sales contract to be sure that I am the only buyer of the item and to cover our deal even if it's going through ebay's auction system. Sorry to be this leery but there are so many fake listings these days. I'm a new member and I've just been burnt... I have a sales contract prepared so I can send it to you and look at it and tell me if it is OK. How would you like payment ?

Thank you,
David

I think its total BS but who knows... Thanks guys

Yes its a scam and a old one be careful this time of year.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
Are you sure dude? What is your resource stating this?

i was at college and some ninjas were chasing me, i threw the only thing i had at them, (Saltine crackers) and they dissapeared, it was awesome, like a garlic vampire kinda deal.

Users who are viewing this thread