Someone please help

Kingcobramike

Established Member
well i just got done putting a new fuel filter on the truck a long with draining the gas. It still wont idle evenly, dies, spits, supercharger wont whine and wont take any gas. when i turn the key on the speedo and tach go wide open. Im confused so any ideas?
thanks

Kingcobramike

Established Member
Philip,
i have a hypertech pwer programer III that i used so i guess thats considerd chiped. I thought it might be computers too. so i guess ill see what happens tomorow.

Kingcobramike

Established Member
ok,
its really weird though how this all started. I was just driving along for about 40 minutes and then i came to a open road i usally get on it at. I punced it and it just died almost. so i couldent go over 2 mph all the way back home.
ill try the computer thing, if i unplug it all night will that have the same efect.

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
Yes it will. i think the computer clears itself after about 15-20 minutes.......but when I add things to my truck, like my cold air intake, I unplug the battery so when it is restarted, the computer adjusts to the new amount of air available.......unplugging the computer should clear what the power programmer did, unless it permanetly stores its stuff on your factory computer (which I doubt)........most likly your shiftpoints, air-fuel ratio, ect....ect..are all screwed up and when you punched it, they didnt work in harmony and your computer freaked out and dumped everything in an attempt to save itself...thats my best guess........let me know what happens

MoonshineBWI

The Tunaking!
Established Member
It sounds like you are losing your continuous power supply to your PCM (powertrain control module) when you turn the ignition off. Due to this the computer (PCM) is losing all memory and the next time you try to start the engine the PCM is attempting to reset. Possible cause of this could be a blown fuse - check your owners guide, page 148 to 153. All fuses relating to the PCM should be checked. Even if they appear to be OK make sure that you check for power across the fuses with a test light or voltmeter.
Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread