Someone please explain the whole factory ordering process

stamper01L

Established Member
Hello all.
On 07/29/02 I placed a factory order for an 03 black coupe with chrome rims. Today i decided to change the chrome rims to polished aluminum and the dealer thought that was a good move to not be waiting till next year for the car. there hasnt been a confirmation yet for my order. Usually how long does it take to get the confirmation, and do I get a build date then? Just want to know from you guys the entire process. Thanks

Cat Breath

Established Member
I doubt you would get a build date with the confirmation of the wheel change. With the build date should be a VIN, and I got those about a month before the dealer called and told me to come pick it up. The waiting absolutely sucks. Hang in there man.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
stamper01L......You should get a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) from your dealer the same day you place your order. Your dealer can print a new one after he makes changes. As far as build dates and VINs you won't see one of these until the factory pulls your order. You can make all the changes you want up until this point. The second run of cars should start pulling by the end of August I expect.

When you get your car, depends on how many orders your dealer has ahead of yours. Check your VOC and see what priority it says, 10 is the best and it means your dealer wants your car to be built next out of his allocation.

This first run went slow, there are still folks waiting for cars having ordered early February.

Good luck....think of the wait as foreplay

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Maybe a hint of what you are in for in my "history".

132 days from order/deposit till drive-off. It was grueling, awful, maddening and of course less than most other guys waited.

Stay the course, practice patience, the payoff is life-alteringly wonderful!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
175 days and still counting till I get my cobra! This is ridiculous!

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Originally posted by needspeed
stamper01L......You should get a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) from your dealer the same day you place your order. Your dealer can print a new one after he makes changes. As far as build dates and VINs you won't see one of these until the factory pulls your order. You can make all the changes you want up until this point. The second run of cars should start pulling by the end of August I expect.

When you get your car, depends on how many orders your dealer has ahead of yours. Check your VOC and see what priority it says, 10 is the best and it means your dealer wants your car to be built next out of his allocation.

This first run went slow, there are still folks waiting for cars having ordered early February.

Good luck....think of the wait as foreplay

It is called a DORA, for Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement. I have never heard of VOC. VOPC, yes, but not VOC.

jpetre

Established Member
Well you could have put in the order in Feb. but willing waited till second run so that you can get the chrome wheels. Then you get a call that they have made there allotment of Sonic Blue with Tan inserts so you have to pic another color. So I got screwed out of my first choice so I changed to black. Now they are saying Feb before the chrome wheels get here? :bash:

So now I can't the color I wanted. The chrome wheels are still no on the list! :gt: :cuss:

Well I know it is going to be a great car but boy am I pissed. I went to look at 2002 Corvettes today. They are offering some awesome deals on them. I really don't want a chevy but man is Ford pissing me off!

By the way => They has a 35 th Red SS for 43,000 so when the Chevy guys say they get all of these great deals I would like to know where. NO WAY would I pay that much for a Slomaro!

Sorry guys just had to rant! Ford is just pissing me off and still no chrome wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Change your order to the polished wheel, and then a few months down the road, you will get a voucher for chrome wheels. It will cost you $695, or if you want to keep both sets it will cost $940.... and then you will have two sets!

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by jpetre
Well you could have put in the order in Feb. but willing waited till second run so that you can get the chrome wheels. Then you get a call that they have made there allotment of Sonic Blue with Tan inserts so you have to pic another color. So I got screwed out of my first choice so I changed to black

i don't know about the tan inserts but the sonic blue color is available for the whole 03 model run.

stamper01L

Established Member
Thanks guys. I guess that I can think of it as foreplay ;)
Yeah the waiting sucks. The dealer told me 60 days or so. That would put me just into October. I hope I dont have to wait 132 days :( I changed to polished wheels so hope that will get the car before winter.

jpetre

Established Member
Well the color combo that I orginally wanted was sonic blue with the tan leather inserts. I can still get the sonic blue but I didn't want the grey inserts. I would rather have the dark shawdow grey. The only options to get the tan inserts were white, black, or the new red.

That is what I was pissed about.

Sorry about that guys. Just upset as if I already knew that the wheels wouldn't be aval. then I would have taken the regular wheels and got the color combo I wanted.

Regards,

James

Last edited:

lifter213

Established Member
So if i ordered the polished wheels what do i need to tell my dealer to get the voucher for chrome wheels once they come in? That's a sweet deal getting both for $940 :eek:

stamper01L

Established Member
Hey Lifter, when did you order your car? I ordered mine on 07/29 and have not received a confirmation yet. Should I have? Dealer said it would take a week or 2. :shrug:

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by stamper01L
Hey Lifter, when did you order your car? I ordered mine on 07/29 and have not received a confirmation yet. Should I have? Dealer said it would take a week or 2. :shrug:

I ordered mine on 7/3 and still no confirmation of the order! I'm begining to get frustrated by not hearing anything this whole time. The salesman is a friend of my dad so i dont want to piss him off but i dont know what to do. I've called once since then to see what's up and he said he hadnt gotten anything yet. And that he didnt forget about me and he would let me know once he heard or recieved anything.

Has it taken this long for everyone else to receive a confirmation?

Weasel

Established Member
As mentioned above, when Ford receives the order they acknowledge it by issueing(sp?) a DORA. This *might* take a day or two. If he actually placed the order when you said, he should have this acknowledgement. This form will contain the description of what you ordered. Call your dealer and tell him that you want a copy of the DORA.

Mike

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I referred to a VOC above because it is a screen print from the ordering system. At the top of the screen it says "Vehicle Order Confirmation". Your dealer should be able to enter an order while you are at the dealership. Then he can print out the result for you. I have purchased cars from two different Ford dealers and both of them have provided me with this printout.

Ask your dealer for a copy of a priced DORA with your name on it. You will get all the specific details of your order with this. Once you have your dealer number and order number you can track it through the VOPC (800-962-3746). At this point it should tell you that your car is clean and unscheduled.

lifter213

Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys! I'm definately going to call my dealer tomorrow to see what the deal is with my order.

Pulsar

Established Member
Keep in mind that Ford does NOT equal dealership. While those folks buy the ford cars and sell them to you, Ford really doesn't have a whole lot of control over how they run their business.

Elliotness

Established Member
Gonna send out an E-mail to my salesman as well. I ordered mine on 07/27.... Dealership said probably 60 days until receipt of the car. Probably won't be that soon but I don't think it will be 130-180 like the guys in the first run of cars... Many of those guys ordered their cars before the line was even going. I think our wait will be a little shorter.... Who knows:shrug: . No matter. We are all getting some badazz cars....:burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread