Someone in my apartment keyed and rammed my Lightning

0TriZzlePhatRid

Friday night my girlfriend and I went up to the hot tub at my apartment. It was about midnight and there were a few other guys there and one other couple. We are just relaxing when these two guys I had never seen before, Matthew Post and David Willkomm come up and end up starting a fight with some of the guys at the hot tub. Well Matthew Post and David Willkomm get upset and grab a baseball bat so even though we are not involved my girlfriend and I decide we should leave. Well we are walking to my truck (silver Lightning) and the dousche bags with the baseball bat ram my truck and then ride off (David driving) . But they didnt leave the complex, they just went to there apartment. I went and got there license plate number and called the police. While the police were on their way, Matthew Post decides to key both doors of my truck. When the police arrive, Matthew admits to keying my car and I pressed charges for criminal mischief. However, they told the cops that I backed into them! And the police said there was nothing they could do about it even though people witnessed them backing into my truck, everyone at the pool saw and heard it. So I find out that David Willkomm lives in my apartment (actually a condo) complex and Matthew Post is just a friend. The police told me these guys are trouble and that they have been out to the apartments several times because of these guys.

So what should I do? I already called my insurance, but should I sue him, beat him, what?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonic_GT

Established Member
i can't wait to hear some of the suggestions. :pop:

wtf kind of cop says he can't do anything when there are several witnesses who can verify your story? i'd make a call to his superior and to your insurance co. to let them know what happened. thats if you want to go through insurance.

0TriZzlePhatRid

1nterceptor, I thought about doing all that but I dont want to pay to have this fixed and then piss him off, he will just come do it back to me, we live in the same neighborhood remember.

Friday night my girlfriend and I went up to the hot tub at my apartment. It was about midnight and there were a few other guys there and one other couple. We are just relaxing when these two guys I had never seen before, Matthew Post and David Willkomm come up and end up starting a fight with some of the guys at the hot tub. Well Matthew Post and David Willkomm get upset and grab a baseball bat so even though we are not involved my girlfriend and I decide we should leave. Well we are walking to my truck (silver Lightning) and Matthew Post and David Willkomm ram my truck and then ride off (David driving) . But they didnt leave the complex, they just went to there apartment. I went and got there license plate number and called the police. While the police were on their way, Matthew Post decides to key both doors of my truck. When the police arrive, Matthew admits to keying my car and I pressed charges for criminal mischief. However, they told the cops that I backed into them! And the police said there was nothing they could do about it even though people witnessed them backing into my truck, everyone at the pool saw and heard it. So I find out that David Willkomm lives in my apartment (actually a condo) complex and Matthew Post is just a friend. The police told me these guys are trouble and that they have been out to the apartments several times because of these guys.

So what should I do, just let it go?

get the insurance company to do a deposition on your witnesses, ask for a copy of the tape. go file a lawsuit against the little sumbitch, own his ass. if he has insurance, get them to pay for it.

then I would move if I were you. either that, or start a revenge war and get yourself thrown in jail.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
That's just horrible. Hopefully you can get it taken care of. But fighting neighbors is never a good thing.

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Take him to court. It's odd the police tell you there's nothing you can do even though there are numerous witnesses...

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
I should move over this? I live in a nice gated golf community.

if you live in that nice of a place, take it to the owners, they should have THEM move... since they are causing the trouble. if they dont do anything, go knock on their door.. beat the hell outta them. because if you just roll over now, they know they can mess with you anytime and get away with it. but if its court or a ass beating, something need to be done

boosted306

Established Member
^ I have to agree. If someone did something like that in a nice place the management should do something about it. Now onto what happened, violence isn't the best way. Just take it to small claims.

Juruense

Banned
I would def mention the incident to the leasing office. They will probably be banned from the hot tub and other public areas for their actions.

Users who are viewing this thread