Some Viper mods and a buddy's new Z28

mustang addict

Established Member
So I added some downforce and stability stuff to the Viper. Getting it ready for sustained 170 mph runs in the BBORR next weekend. Added the TA wing and front splitters as well as some carbon fiber side splitters. Lowered the car on some billet spring caps. Then took the car out for a couple of crappy cell phone shots with a buddy's new Z28. If you haven't seen a Z28 in person they are QUITE impressive. Beautiful car. Pics don't do it justice:

Viper%20and%20Z28%20front_zpswdepzw2h.jpg

Viper%20and%20Z28%20side_zps4vknasu0.jpg

Viper%20and%20Z28%20passenger%20front_zpsuvo0ufuf.jpg

Viper%20and%20Z28%20rear_zpsjbj0qqvb.jpg

viper%20driver%20rear_zpseort8xsk.jpg

Z28%20rear_zpslbytcyto.jpg

Viper%20driver%20side_zpsy7fpnmzu.jpg

kaz109

Established Member
I agree, the Z28 does look good in person. Being the GM hater that I am I will admit if I were to ever buy a GM car the Z28 would be it. Not a fan of vipers but pics look good. Enjoy

TClark22

Established Member
Good looking viper.

Impressive z28? Looks wise Its just a regular Camaro with an ugly rectangle front splitter...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Z28 is a bad mofo, but it aint no Viper!

How many miles have you put on the car?
Hope to jump into one in two years. Hopefully the Gen VI is out by then!

Funny you posted this, theres a member at VOA and C5 and i noticed he sold his TA before he sold his z28. Now he is trying to get another Viper and perhaps sell the z28. :nonono: some people.

scott_0

Established Member
both are looking good, that Viper is just sexy as hell though!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice pics, even nicer mods.

Nice to see that pair together. Nice contrast of red vs black.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Viper is a sexy sports coupe. Z28 is still just a GM bloatmobile Camaro. Even they knew the thing was too big to be a serious car - hence the new platform.

pullin_hard

Established Member
Damn the hate is strong in this thread. It's funny how a lot of people talk smack on the camaro due to its weight, but even at the current weight it goes head to head with the mustangs lmao.
With that being said both are badass cars. I would like to own a viper one day but that wont happen soon :(

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
This Camaro punches above its weight for sure. The tires on the z28 help tremendously, but I would like to see how a 1LE would do with cam + exhaust, dialed in suspension, better brakes and same Trofeo R tires.
The price on them dropped back in december to move cars out, I think it went down to $55k, for that price that is damn good.
LS7 in a track camaro, whats not to like??

TClark22

Established Member
This Camaro punches above its weight for sure. The tires on the z28 help tremendously, but I would like to see how a 1LE would do with cam + exhaust, dialed in suspension, better brakes and same Trofeo R tires.
The price on them dropped back in december to move cars out, I think it went down to $55k, for that price that is damn good.
LS7 in a track camaro, whats not to like??

The "in a Camaro" part. lol

mustang addict

Established Member
Z28 is a bad mofo, but it aint no Viper!

How many miles have you put on the car?
Hope to jump into one in two years. Hopefully the Gen VI is out by then!

Funny you posted this, theres a member at VOA and C5 and i noticed he sold his TA before he sold his z28. Now he is trying to get another Viper and perhaps sell the z28. :nonono: some people.

I've got about 2K miles on the car. Liking it so far. Not sure I like the attention with it though. You can't take it to dinner cause somebody is gonna have their hands all over it. Literally. Caught the kid. Not good.

But it's fun to drive for sure. Can't wait for the open road race.

As for the camaro....carbon brakes, screaming LS7, super glue tires....that my friends is a bad sob!

BladeX10

Established Member
Lol@ the Z28 hate. I'm not a fan of the 5th gen platform by any means but that car will hand just about every modern Mustang(if not all, just playing it safe) its ass on the on the track and its going to get even worst when the new platform comes out and the Mustang is considered the heavy pig.

HandBanana

Established Member
Don't let Hammer and Christy in here from the 5.bro vs LSx thread, there will be much swinging of the nuts on the Z. Impressive car, just not worth the 70k it was originally billed at. Your Viper is BEAUTIFUL OP. Cherry.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Don't let Hammer and Christy in here from the 5.bro vs LSx thread, there will be much swinging of the nuts on the Z. Impressive car, just not worth the 70k it was originally billed at. Your Viper is BEAUTIFUL OP. Cherry.

I think that's why they sit on lots for so long until they are 20k off.

I was at the Chevy dealership checking out the new Colorado and they had a 2014, I asked the sales guy about it and it had sat for over a year. Wild looking car in person though, they packed so much tire into it they stick out past the fender wells by quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread