Some Small Projects I've Been Working On

Gix1k4

Established Member
Renovated our rec-room, and then my Moms bathroom needed repairing/updating.
IMG_1192Medium.jpg

IMG_1189Medium.jpg

IMG_1196Medium.jpg

IMG_1228Small.jpg

IMG_1237Small.jpg

The Foreman keeping watch on the ladder
IMG_1188Medium.jpg

IMG_1241Small.jpg

And then helping out with the drywall
helper.jpg

IMG_1348Small.jpg

IMG_1347Small.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

Gix1k4

Established Member
And then the oh-so-stylish pink and white bathroom...It got completely new wiring from the panel out, and all new plumbing.
IMG_0076Small.jpg

IMG_0077Small.jpg

IMG_0082Small.jpg

IMG_0087Small.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

It's no Trump Towers, but I think it turned out ok for the modest investment, we figure the bathroom has less than $2500 into it.

Gix1k4

Established Member
The worst part of the whole thing was waterproofing that damn window in the shower. If you're ever looking at homes and see a window in the shower, run. But it did hold up pretty well considering that it was built in '53 or '54. There isn't one peice of wood in that window enclosure now, it's all PVC and vinyl.

Last edited:

Gix1k4

Established Member
And this is what 3300lbs looks like in the bed of an F-250, barely breaking a sweat.:pepper: Gotta love a Ford truck.
heavy.jpg

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
And this is what 3300lbs looks like in the bed of an F-250, barely breaking a sweat.:pepper: Gotta love a Ford truck.

funny u mention that....
recently at work, it was my turn to take all the scrap metal to the recycling center... it was mostly rotors and hubs, and maybe 50lbs of aluminum.... i ended up using a spare truck from another technician... it was an 87 1500 2wd long bed chevy with a V6..... total weight in the bed was 2985 Lbs! lol. needless to say the brakes were worthless and the bed was pressed up against the cab from the frame sagging! lol, so your pic impresses me because you can talk about 3300lbs all day, but until u experience it, you can never really appreciate it

Gix1k4

Established Member
funny u mention that....
recently at work, it was my turn to take all the scrap metal to the recycling center... it was mostly rotors and hubs, and maybe 50lbs of aluminum.... i ended up using a spare truck from another technician... it was an 87 1500 2wd long bed chevy with a V6..... total weight in the bed was 2985 Lbs! lol. needless to say the brakes were worthless and the bed was pressed up against the cab from the frame sagging! lol, so your pic impresses me because you can talk about 3300lbs all day, but until u experience it, you can never really appreciate it

I hear ya. I never would have done it if i had known how much weight was in there. I just kept on tossing blocks in the back and watching for sag. It actually drove pretty well, and the only real clue to how much it was carrying was that it steered like a 1972 Lincoln Continental. But the weigh scales told the story...and the dump bill...lol.

SilvGT

Established Member
nice work! rooms turned out great. I'm in the process of planning an upgrade to my bathroom right now.

04SVTF

Established Member
Looks good! I love doin remodels/renovations. Daughter with the drill pic is to friggin cute.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Nice work!

Did every room in my house in about the same fashion. Primarily because our house did not have insulation on the exterior walls and the electrical was mostly hazzardous, 100Yr. Old house. We do have that same stupid window in the bathroom though. I did not use vinyl trim, wish I had thought of that. Ended up trimming with Tile but the sash is stille wood though.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Looks good, man! I definitely have to learn a bit about home repair. I can fix most mechanical things on a car, but it amazes me to see someone tear a room down and rebuild it back up.

Users who are viewing this thread