errray's 03 svt

Established Member
11057019_l.JPG

11057195_l.JPG

I just put on my spacers too....

11057879_l.JPG

03DOHC

Established Member
LOL. Is that the first coat of wax you ever put on her besides the tiny bit of klasse that one day? She looks good Ray. :)

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
NIICE, my friend just invested in that clay bar dealie. We were detailing his dads 03 Max and the paint felt like sandpaper he clay bared the roof hood a trunk and did 1 coat of the Meg NXT, well just on the clay bar it came out baby but smooth, the NXT toppd it off. Nice car man.

jleews6

Established Member
That is beautiful. After owning 4 grand nationals I swore I would never own another black car but every time I see one that looks like your's it makes me want black.:bowdown:

Stang2WRX

Established Member
Wish i knew how to do that!!!

What does clay do for your car, and how is it applied?

I noticed today on one of my fenders, there is a swirl like somebody buffed out a scratch.. how can I get the swirl to go away? I used nxt, no luck... Doesn't look too deep, but in sunlight it looks like i missed a spot with the wax..

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
clay takes away all the stuff stuck on your paint like dirt, bugs,and tar...it make your paint smooth again...it doesn't take away swirls, i think you have to use swirl remover for that...check this site out...click

Joe5.0

Established Member
:bowdown: :D :bowdown: :beer: :rockon: :thumbsup: :-D :) :beer: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: very sweet cobra. i need that wax.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Congratulations...I've done mine in sections for months and haven't gotten done yet! *@#^$!!! Only the hood, two front fenders, passenger door, RR quarter, and back end look like that.

Mugger

Don't beat 'em, MUG 'em!
Established Member
Ok errray's 03 svt Looks like I'm driving up to the bay area and leaving my car with you for a day. Nice! looks great!!!!!!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by errray's 03 svt
i used 3m glaze and klasse aio

Looks great, but remember you won't get any protection out of those products. You really need to follow up with Klasse Sealant/Glaze if you want durability. AIO is essentially a cleaner/paint prep product only and should not be used as a final step. The glaze will not provide any protection either. I HIGHLY recommend you throw on a coat of some sort of sealant or a good carnauba to lock in the hard work you spent.

A few good carnauba choices:

S100 Wax
Meguiars #16 (my favorite)
Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax
Poorboy's Natty Wax

Good sealants:

Poorboys EX-P
Poorboys EX
Klasse S/G
Wolfgang

Hell, you could even put on a coat of Meguiar's NXT, but durability with that product is minimal.

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Looks great, but remember you won't get any protection out of those products. You really need to follow up with Klasse Sealant/Glaze if you want durability. AIO is essentially a cleaner/paint prep product only and should not be used as a final step. The glaze will not provide any protection either. I HIGHLY recommend you throw on a coat of some sort of sealant or a good carnauba to lock in the hard work you spent.

A few good carnauba choices:

S100 Wax
Meguiars #16 (my favorite)
Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax
Poorboy's Natty Wax

Good sealants:

Poorboys EX-P
Poorboys EX
Klasse S/G
Wolfgang

Hell, you could even put on a coat of Meguiar's NXT, but durability with that product is minimal.

thanks juiced looks like i'm gonna get some meguirs....

Last edited:

mikep01

Established Member
i clay bared my car a couple weeks of go. itwork great and the car looks awsome. i recomend it and its easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread