Some people on bike forums are just idiots! How would you deal with theis guy?

Established Member
If nothing else, you'll get a laugh out of this one. My buddy is big into sport bikes and is always buying selling bikes / parts since he has his dealer license and that's what he does for a living. He frequents the bike forums but always gets into it with this guy that thinks he......well, just read below, you'll get the point.

How can people really be this stupid? (Here's my buddy's email to me)

This is the guy I told you about before that's always begging for parts and money for his bike.

Hey i remember you replaced alot of parts on your 900 not to long ago and was wondering do you still have any laying around?

My response:

Most of that stuff is on ebay right now. I have a garage that's been over loaded over the years with extra bike parts.... Finally getting around to clearing it out via ebay.

him:

How bout sending anything that will fit on a 1998 900RR my way? Ill pay for shipping.

Me:

I'm just putting it all on ebay. If you see anything you need, I'll combine shipping wherever possible but I'm not going to just give parts to someone when I can sell them.

Him

TYPICLE GREEDIE F***ER! YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY ALL NEW PARTS AND EXPECT TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THE BROKIN STUFF! YOU SHOULD GET BOOTED FROM THE FORUM. THE PURPOSE OF BEING ON A FORUM IS TO HELP OUT FELLOW RIDERS AND GET HELP FROM THEM. YOU DONT GET THAT DO YOU! INSTED OF HELPING A GUY OUT YOU DESIDE TO PUT SHIT ON EBAY TO MAKE A FEW BUCKS. IM A 900RR OWNER IF I COULD IN ANY WAY HELP YOU I WOULD NOT HESATATE FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN WE SHARE THE SAME INTEREST IN BIKES. BUT YOU ARENT LIKE THAT. YOU CANT HELP OUT ANOTHER 900RR OWNER. NO. THE OLMIGHTY DOLLAR IS TO IMPORTANT TO YOU! ITLL COME BACK TO YOU.

me:

Dude you need to visit your doctor and have im increase the dosage of your meds. By your reasoning, I'm just supposed to give stuff away just because someone owns the same type of vehicle I have? Should I be stopping everyone I see in a GMC truck and change their oil for them? Obviously, anyone bidding on my 900RR stuff on ebay also owns one. I have yet to have any of them contact me to tell me I should give them the parts. I started the auctions with a cheap opening bid and each bidder can decide how much these parts are worth to them. In my opinion, it doesn't get any more fair than that. I receive what the parts are worth and NO MORE.

Giving you parts is what would be unfair. You would be fixing up your shitbox with my parts. This would make it worth more money. For every 900RR that goes up in condition and value, mine is worth just a little less. So, by giving you parts, I've cost myself money on both the parts themselves and the resale of my bike...... In turn I have just handed you ( a person I've never met nor will I ever meet) money on both ends.

him:

People like you SUCK! I want a nice bike like yours but I just cant aford it. Nobody wants to help.

me:

If you can't afford it, you should probably try a different hobby. I hear stamp collecting can be very fulfilling and relatively cheap. Maybe you could take up whittling. that's relatively free. All you need is a pocket knife, and the ability to look around for chunks of wood.... Bottom line is, motorcycles cost money. You can spend a bunch up front and buy a nice late model bike but you'll still spend several hundred dollars per year on tires, brakes, oil changes etc. Or you can buy a cheaper older bike and spend money fixing it up....but you still have the previously mentioned maintenance items..... If you're broke....just give it up.... save your nickels and dimes and wait until you're ready for one.

him:

F*** YOU!

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
what a dumbass....

he wants stuff handed right to him? bet he was a spoiled rich kid that got thrown into the real world

Common

Established Member
OP needs to learn how to properly quote members......your sig is wrong...

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
ok, so all those with 97 Cobras, that have spare mods laying around, just ship them to me, I will pay for shipping. Deal?

that dude is a tool.

rust0r

Established Member
Do you have any gixxer parts? GIVE THEM TO ME, JERK!

The guy is quite unreal, if its not in the public forum and this is over PM, your friend should post up a thread and make the guy look like a complete tool. Maybe the guy will end up getting booted for harassing your friend like that. Ultimately, your friend could do a 180, tell the guy that he is willing to send him a part he needs, and then mail him some dog shit? :beer:

Chuckler3

Zombie Survivalist
Established Member
does anyone have an eaton laying around i could snag off of them? i don't have any money.. but could probably rob someone for the shipping charges....

Users who are viewing this thread