some paint help

mystic04

Established Member
Hi guys i finally have that benze a 2002 AMG 55 lined up to do this weekend it's black. if this comes out good then i have 2 or 3 other cars lined up to do 2 are BMW year i don't know nor model and one is a Maserati don't know what model or year nor have i even looked at the car yet.What i need to know is how hard/soft the paint is on the BMW and the Maserati, being i haven't worked on either type car i already know that the benze dosen't have the hard clear on it too early of a model year . But any tips on all 3 would be great.
I have a Pc ,flex and rotary to use but i won't be using the rotary because i just got it and am not ready to use on high end cars.
I have SIP, 106 and IP Some DACP and some 83 or 84 hand glaze plus some other stuff i can't remember right now.
Pads i have yellow, orange ,white, blue ,black.PFW
ALso have some edge pads green ,blue very soft edge white pad, Green wool and blue wool.
My plan is to wash ,clay, SIP ,106 then IP i seen a good bit of swirls on the benze from the first time i seen the car. lucky it dosen't need to be done in one day i have 2 days to work this one.which pads il use isn't know yet till i do a test area and see what works best.

Last edited:

mystic04

Established Member
i got 2 days to work on this car so i can take my time and see what works out of all the different pads i have to choose from thinking of trying the PFW first on a small spot to see how that works with the SIP then go from that point on.Again thanks Scott, Kent and Zaxjax.

Users who are viewing this thread