Some paint correction on a members car

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Working on "Jayvee's" car. 2012 5.0

Did a test spot to see what I combo I should use. Found what I like.......will be starting on it tomorrow. Also doing a stripe removal.

Very bad scratches/swirls/overspray
e9w26a.jpg

UP close and personal of the section:
264j38p.jpg

Before:
2virudg.jpg

50/50:
2937ypg.jpg

Done:
2psipon.jpg

I will post more as I go. This was just a quick test spot to see what combo of products/pads would yield the best results.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
He is the second owner. Car only has 12k miles or so.

Not sure on his washing techniques or previous owner , I think ive seen him at those car washs with a brush. Not sure though. I will be advising him of the proper wash techniques and upkeep after its done though.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
I will post more pictures when I get to my laptop. One hell of a job let me tell you. I have exactly 37 hours into this thing. Some of the defects required some serious attention. Overall is came out flawless aside from a few RIDs and chips he had in the paint.

The stripes took two days alone. Cheap thin vinyl that was baked on and flaky. It also left the behind the worst residue ever.

M101 with a yellow lake county pad
M205 with a black lake county pad

I did use Wolfgang finishing glaze on a few panels which actually did a far better job than m205. Overall he was happy and couldn't believe the "feel" of the paint.

Doubt I will ever do a stripe job ever again. Lol

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Holy heck!!! Those after shots are amazing!!! Can't wait to see more and I bet the owner feel in love with the car all over again! Great job :)

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
For the record...No I don't wash my car with sand paper nor do I do those pull up pay with qtrs pressure wash facilities. I was it myself with McGuire's Carnuba wax GOLD soap and a sage touch mitten. When I purchased the car last week of Jan 1st week of Feb or so, the car already had much or all the paint flaws including a really bad area on the passenger rear qtr panel that looked to be burnt with a orbital of sort. I pretty much cared as much as possible with safe microfibers and McGuire's detail spray was to mask the flaws and swirls. No one really noticed it till the angle or a pro looked at it. Car always shined!

I became fed up when the engine was built and saw the car received a good amt of over spray from sitting at a shop when it all happened in July. That is when Jamie and I discussed some car care techniques he would like to try. Now, here we are and I must say... This is some of the most amazing work I have ever witness from one stage to the next. I was completely amazed of the feel of the paint. There is truly no words I can type that would give any reader a idea to compare to. Its a must feel for yourself type of thing. INSANE! is the best word I can describe for the job as a whole. Its dirty and still shines like a black mirror from all angles. Its NUTS!

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
For the record...No I don't wash my car with sand paper nor do I do those pull up pay with qtrs pressure wash facilities. I was it myself with McGuire's Carnuba wax GOLD soap and a sage touch mitten. When I purchased the car last week of Jan 1st week of Feb or so, the car already had much or all the paint flaws including a really bad area on the passenger rear qtr panel that looked to be burnt with a orbital of sort. I pretty much cared as much as possible with safe microfibers and McGuire's detail spray was to mask the flaws and swirls. No one really noticed it till the angle or a pro looked at it. Car always shined!

I became fed up when the engine was built and saw the car received a good amt of over spray from sitting at a shop when it all happened in July. That is when Jamie and I discussed some car care techniques he would like to try. Now, here we are and I must say... This is some of the most amazing work I have ever witness from one stage to the next. I was completely amazed of the feel of the paint. There is truly no words I can type that would give any reader a idea to compare to. Its a must feel for yourself type of thing. INSANE! is the best word I can describe for the job as a whole. Its dirty and still shines like a black mirror from all angles. Its NUTS!

The shine should last quite a bit, especially with up keep even though it's an outside car which tends to be hard to keep up.

Forgot to add I sealed it with Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0. Good stuff, very durable. Water runs right off.

Procedures:

Wash with Dawn (strips off everything)
remove stripes
remove residue
wash again with dawn
clay whole car / IRON X car pro
wash
inspect
clay tough spots again
wash
m101 yellow lake county pad
m205/Wolfgang finishing glaze black pad
IPA wipe down
Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant
LSP Pinnacle Souveran

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Thanks guys! Have a couple more jobs lined up when I get some free time, will post pictures of those also.

Users who are viewing this thread