Some of my recent jobs: Non SVT Content

heavenly

Established Member
Thanks guys! I tend to use Megs 105 Compound and Megs 205 Polish followed up with Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection Wax as a Sealant. That's mostly all I use...with a PC 7424XP.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
megs 105 and a PC tackled Mercedes paint that well? I thought Mercedes had "harder" paints?

Any cars/specific color combos you have come across that 105 and a pc was not enough?

Also, how do you get those carpet lines? I have always wondered how the guys that do this for a living achieve that.

BLK93GT

Established Member
105/205 is a good combo. Usually just using a different pad with 105 works for more cut. A quality wool pad with 105 works killer on hard paint. I also like the purple wool pads.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
damn fine work on that benz at the end.

how safe is M105 on older car paint? I've got a 16 year old Volvo that I've been using the griot's machine polish and griot's orbital buffer w/various cobra pads and werkstat jet trigger acrylic to seal.

A couple of the polish bottles got opened up somehow during our move to a new house so I'm looking for a good alternative.

BLK93GT

Established Member
damn fine work on that benz at the end.

how safe is M105 on older car paint? I've got a 16 year old Volvo that I've been using the griot's machine polish and griot's orbital buffer w/various cobra pads and werkstat jet trigger acrylic to seal.

A couple of the polish bottles got opened up somehow during our move to a new house so I'm looking for a good alternative.

M105 works good on older single stage paints. I used some on a 1966 Buick a few months back. I also like 3D products, they have some nice stuff out!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Your work on that merc is mighty impressive! So you just used 105 and a PC to remove those terrible swirls?

A lot of people underestimate the PC, while it is underpowered compared to a lot of DA's but with the right technique, products and patience you can achieve great results. For faster results a GG DA or Flex 3401 would be great alternatives.

heavenly

Established Member
Thanks for the comments! Yes, achieved these results with just a PC and 105 with a yellow foam pad. I did spend around 10 hours polishing. 105 can be used on older cars. I would suggest always doing a small test spot to see what results can be achieved.

Users who are viewing this thread