Some new shoes for my Terminator!(R888s!!!)

GTCobraClone

Established Member
So do these tires hook well in the track, vs Nittos, MT etc. My car is in PR and in need of new shoes soon and Im looking for a tire that hooks better than the nittos but if I get caught in rain wont destroy my car

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
*Im just following up with a brief review on the R888's*

Over the weekend I put on roughly 200 miles and let me tell you these R888's are truly INCREDIBLE!!! I can actually go WOT all the way through 2nd and 3rd gears without the Cobra getting all out of shape like it did with the Nitto 555's. It will still spin a little bit in 1st but thats to be expected with 600+rwhp. They are so awesome, I have to admit I was somewhat scepticle when reading different reviews on them from other Guy's with 600+rwhp but I can honestly say they are all that they are touted to be and more!

Not only do they hook awesome in a straight line, the cobra now handles so much better aswell and really gives you so much more confidence going into corners, and not to mention actually rides smoother than before with the Nitto's! Im litterally blown away by these tires so far and can say they are some of the best money I've spent on my cobra to date, even at $260/tire. The only things left for me to find out are how well the handle some wet weather driving and how many miles I can squeeze out of them. If they do ok in the wet I plan to buy some R888's for the front as well.

Just a brief note on the treadwear so far. Like I said above, I've put on about 200 miles so far with them and they still have the little "tits" on the tread and that is after one brief spin to clean them off and about 8-9 hard pulls from a dig to the top of 4th gear. :)

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Good to hear that you have great results with these tires. When my car gets back on the road I will have RA-1's on all 4 corners. I will be in the upper 600 range and I hope to have great traction as well. I have 18's and will have 275 in the front and 305's in the back. Toyo stopped making these tires so once these are done I will purchase the R888's.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
Looks great..post up a wet traction review when it happens as I'm up in the air on my next tires

Users who are viewing this thread