Some new pics

jjhirsch

Established Member
Since selling my 02 HD I have put my attention to the L...Firs tthings were to black it out, and swap engine mods.....It was along day today!!!

lightning89mg

Established Member
how exactly did you black out the front headlights and if the rear are black out light covers, how did you egt them to stay without getting stolen?

jjhirsch

Established Member
The front headlights and corners are from a company called K2 Motors, you can find them on E-Bay. The rears were done using Nite-Shades spray...1 full can later!!!

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
How did you modify your pulley system? Are those HID or projector headlights? Close up on the fronts would be nice too. Nice truck. I like it. :beer:

Thanks,

Helix

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
All the pulleys. They all look different. Looks like only one idler pulley instead of two side by side.

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
The pulley right below the blower pulley is a Metco idler. It gives you much better belt wrap on the upper puller so it doesn't slip.
It's hard to tell what size the blower pulley is. Could be stock size or a 2.8, 2.76.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Since where on the subject. How much boost will a 4 lower and 2.8 or 2.76 give you? What size is is the stock upper? Is there any advantage to a different upper pulley. I thought you just need to change the lower and leave the upper? Why would you change the upper. I have seen a few people do this.

Helix

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Helix
Since where on the subject. How much boost will a 4 lower and 2.8 or 2.76 give you? What size is is the stock upper? Is there any advantage to a different upper pulley. I thought you just need to change the lower and leave the upper? Why would you change the upper. I have seen a few people do this.

Helix

Stock is 8lbs. The 4lb lower gives you just that, 4lbs more.. Stock upper is 2.93. A 2.8/2.76
upper will give you approx. another pound and a half. It's better to change the lower. Making the upper smaller can cause belt slip. That's where the Metco upper idler comes in.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Hey Larry. I wanted to ask you. Think a KB on the stock block at 12 or 14 psi will hurt it? KB runs cooler air temps too doesn't it?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Helix
Hey Larry. I wanted to ask you. Think a KB on the stock block at 12 or 14 psi will hurt it? KB runs cooler air temps too doesn't it?

As long as you don't run up the boost, I think it's fine. If I had the money I'd have one on now.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Exactly what I wanted to hear. I think I may save and get one. But I need at least a stage 1 and a FTVB before a KB wouldn't you say?

Thanks Larry.

Users who are viewing this thread