Some new pics of the daily driver

roadracer247

Established Member
I remember when you posted pics back when you first bought this...Looks like you have kept it clean! Any problems since you bought it?

mercedesfanatic

Established Member
I can't stand these cars, and here's why: when they get old, the 'technology' they are equipped with destroys them. My father owns a 2000 S500, purchased new, and this is the same body style as your car, although yours is obviously a couple of years newer. Everything these cars are equipped with is now available on a Ford, and for much, much less. If anything goes wrong with the car (and believe me, it will, as quality control was quite poor with MB during this time period) you have to take it to an MB dealership to get it fixed. You can't even get a Godd*amn windshield wiper replacement for one of these cars without going to a dealership. The navigation system on these cars, one of the first cars to come equipped with navigation, is CD or DVD based. The DVD's or CD's become out-of-date; Mercedes doesn't issue new ones, and now the nav effectively is worthless. They also kicked out the early model years of these with their own cell phone. Needless to say, the cellphone is so out-of-date that it no longer works, and you can't replace it with a newer one. So now all that hands free shit is worthless. The car's computer gets quirky and won't lower the window all the way with its 'one-touch-express' function. After experiencing everything we have with ours, I'd never buy another MB again. The technology will go out-of-date, and you cant replace it, effectively ruining the car.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I can't stand these cars, and here's why: when they get old, the 'technology' they are equipped with destroys them. My father owns a 2000 S500, purchased new, and this is the same body style as your car, although yours is obviously a couple of years newer. Everything these cars are equipped with is now available on a Ford, and for much, much less. If anything goes wrong with the car (and believe me, it will, as quality control was quite poor with MB during this time period) you have to take it to an MB dealership to get it fixed. You can't even get a Godd*amn windshield wiper replacement for one of these cars without going to a dealership. The navigation system on these cars, one of the first cars to come equipped with navigation, is CD or DVD based. The DVD's or CD's become out-of-date; Mercedes doesn't issue new ones, and now the nav effectively is worthless. They also kicked out the early model years of these with their own cell phone. Needless to say, the cellphone is so out-of-date that it no longer works, and you can't replace it with a newer one. So now all that hands free shit is worthless. The car's computer gets quirky and won't lower the window all the way with its 'one-touch-express' function. After experiencing everything we have with ours, I'd never buy another MB again. The technology will go out-of-date, and you cant replace it, effectively ruining the car.

Pre-facelift 220 s-classes are a definite risk, hence I didn't buy one. My car is an 05, it has bluetooth, DVD based navigation (MB does update the disks), and I can buy wiper replacements anywhere I feel like. When the car and the technology get dated, I'll replace it. This is not, nor is any daily driver, a "keep forever" vehicle for me. I'll drive it for 3 or 4 years, sell it, and get the next model.

Oh, and when you find me a ford that has adaptive cruise control, park distance control front and rear, soft close doors, an automatic trunk closer, heated, cooled, massaging, dynamic seats, rear heated/cooled reclinable rear seats, and a decent look, let me know.

Btw, Ford finally gets MOST of these options 9 years later.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I love the Brown leather. Car looks good too.

Yeah I'd def just leave it alone. No rims..hahahahaha

mercedesfanatic

Established Member
Oh, and when you find me a ford that has adaptive cruise control, park distance control front and rear, soft close doors, an automatic trunk closer, heated, cooled, massaging, dynamic seats, rear heated/cooled reclinable rear seats, and a decent look, let me know.

Btw, Ford finally gets MOST of these options 9 years later.

That's the idea; whatever technology an S-series Mercedes has can be found on entry-level cars around 8 or 9 years later. To each his own; I've driven cars both with and without all the fancy toys and have decided on cars more austerely
accoutered. (<-- = a word I use around Mercedes owners. Cadillac owners, too.)

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Established Member
Thanks guys!

That's the idea; whatever technology an S-series Mercedes has can be found on entry-level cars around 8 or 9 years later. To each his own; I've driven cars both with and without all the fancy toys and have decided on cars more austerely
accoutered. (<-- = a word I use around Mercedes owners. Cadillac owners, too.)

thats your perogative. But, 9 years is a long time to wait for features.

Still a nice car. how come the wheels say AMG?

This car is equipped with the sports package, which uses AMG bumpers, side skirts, and wheels.

bergs

Established Member
nice ****in DD! by the way, your parents house looks like christopher from the soprano's house. pretty sweet. looks like north caldwell if i had to guess.

Quadcammer

Established Member
Hopefully you don't still live at home.

Nope. I just keep all my car cleaning stuff at my parents house because my apartment complex garage doesn't allow working/washing cars. I was also there to pick up my cobra, which I leave there.

nice ****in DD! by the way, your parents house looks like christopher from the soprano's house. pretty sweet. looks like north caldwell if i had to guess.

Its actually pine brook (part of montville). I live pretty close to you in lyndhurst.

nice, those have the air suspension i believe

Yes, its called airmatic, and its got three settings, which is pretty nice. The earlier cars had issues with the struts leaking, but the later ones seemt o be solid.

Users who are viewing this thread