Some new PB's from last night.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Been battling a converter issue for about 4 months and finally got it right with a 2200 triple disc from circle D. I know If I wanted to run some real times I could get a big stall and trans brake, but I enjoy driving the car with my ac and radio on from Florida to Georgia and my overdrive so this will have to suffice. Runs pretty well at that! If I could get it to 60' she'd really fly.

I'll have a video later waiting for someone to send it to me. Mind you I went from running 10.2@131 to these times just with a converter change and lock up in 2nd and 3rd.

KB 2.8 25psi 4r70w trans with lock up.
3:55 rear SRA
Car weighs 3420 with driver.
rejevy4a.jpg

y7apyvyr.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCcnPFS8TH8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

black-plasma

Established Member
So you gained 10 mph from a converter and lock up. Is that normal? I'm not up on auto's but seems almost too good to be true. What mph were you running with t56?

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
So you gained 10 mph from a converter and lock up. Is that normal? I'm not up on auto's but seems almost too good to be true. What mph were you running with t56?

140.00 with t56, and yes from a converter swap. A single disc to a triple disc, like going from a spec 2 to a triple disc clutch on a manual. I was blowing through the converter with lock up on the single, that's all.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member

He picked up .3tenths just from locking it up in 2nd rather than waiting till 3rd.

Ford2ner

Established Member
Congrats!!! I my got crosshairs on you lol..Hate I didn't get the chance to let your brother read my tag..

Lol i would have too, I swapped to my other other upper pulley so I'd be making the same boost as Greg's but didn't realize my belt was slipping hard til my 2nd pass. Swapped back to my other upper pulley and the bolt snapped when I hit 2nd! Shitty, my first pass I had a new PB at the 330' too.. I'm just gonna say it snapped because I hit 2nd too hard. Haha

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Oh sweet. I meant to be at MIR racing that day, but if the weather looks bad or it gets cancelled, then I will be at the Dollar.

Did you launch off idle on that vid clip above?

Users who are viewing this thread