Some Nasty HD/HDR photos at a giant silo I took

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
A few buddies and I took a ride into west bloomington this past weekend and snapped some pictures. Two are true HDR's (one with 9 exposures) and the rest are just the pics I messed with a little.

cb178b32.jpg

4ad33c07.jpg

4420e09b.jpg

9adb1e09.jpg

b8981c5e.jpg

17c9b806.jpg

6c1283de.jpg

a78e2a26.jpg

46c7cbfa.jpg

3c77cc4f.jpg

22f95330.jpg

0f093ef3.jpg

5bbfa68d.jpg

68943a41.jpg

2d35ee89.jpg

8cdcd821.jpg

971be35e.jpg

b4a108d9.jpg

Last edited:

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
You have some good ideas but most of your shots are kinda blurry. You did use a tripod and a remote shutter didn't you? I definitely like your background and placement of the cars. I would also suggest not shooting in shutter priority when shooting still subjects. I looked at the EXIF data to find that out. Use aperture priority next time so you can control your depth of field. Sorry if I seem a little harsh just trying to offer a little advice so the next shoot will be even better.

Last edited:

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
You have some good ideas but most of your shots are kinda blurry. You did use a tripod and a remote shutter didn't you? I definitely like your background and placement of the cars. I would also suggest not shooting in shutter priority when shooting still subjects. I looked at the EXIF data to find that out. Use aperture priority next time so you can control your depth of field. Sorry if I seem a little harsh just trying to offer a little advice so the next shoot will be even better.

Thanks man, i appreciate the advice alot. I just got my first SLR two months ago and this is only the second direct sunlight shoot i've been on (it's been freezing here in chicago). I have a crappy tripod and haven't gotten around to buying a remote shutter or flash yet. I will soon though once cash isn't so tight. Not bad for a noob though huh. I knew they were blurry just figured i'd share em anyways. Any other input?

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
How did you blend the HDR is it not tone mapped? i don't see what one you rendered in HDR.

Nice shots .. could use a bit more camera skill. What cam you using?

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
The first thing I would do if I were you is pick up the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. This book will teach you all about shutter speed, aperture and ISO and how they affect one another. I recommend this book to anyone with an interest in photography.

You should look in your camera manual to see if you camera has a self timer and if it does you can use that until you get a remote. That way your finger isn't pressing the button and vibrating the camera when it is taking a shot. Be sure to have fun and experiment with different settings. Congrats you have just chosen a hobby that will become very expensive lol.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
The first thing I would do if I were you is pick up the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. This book will teach you all about shutter speed, aperture and ISO and how they affect one another. I recommend this book to anyone with an interest in photography.

You should look in your camera manual to see if you camera has a self timer and if it does you can use that until you get a remote. That way your finger isn't pressing the button and vibrating the camera when it is taking a shot. Be sure to have fun and experiment with different settings. Congrats you have just chosen a hobby that will become very expensive lol.

+ 1 its a great book, and dont be discouraged by some of the above posts, they are only meant to help and i too, agree with them.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread