Some Mother $%&@*^

Blackvenom12

I Like Snakes
Established Member
ok so some fat ass that likes to talk a bunch of @#$% calls me the today and says "wanna race an evo" I said yeah but i'd have to get some new tires and wheels because 275's wont cut it, from a dig or a roll. The evo has a 20g in it and puts out low 400's matching. I have 466 whp and 478rwtq thanks to greg and RET. Now I tell him that when i do get a set of 315's on a 10.5 inch rim that im good to go, he says "ok when you do hook up you'll blow your rear end" so i guess im here asking you guys what should i get that wont blow my rear, or just slap the wheels and tires and smack the shit outta the evo, which isnt his car by the way. he even tells me that i can go from a roll if i want :dw: what would you guys do?

StangJason

Established Member
My IRS leaks a little but it didn't for quite a while after I ran my 11.9s with my 315 Nittos. I don't think you'll have much better traction from 315s as you would from 275 drag radials though I'll soon be finding out.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Is this going to happen on the street or track? That Evo is going to pop out of the hole like a rabbit on speed so you'll definitely need some sticky meats to hook. However it's a toss up how long the IRS will last. You could blow it up your first attempt or maybe it will last 100+. Who knows.

Racing a high horsepower IRS Cobra from a dig isn't always the easiest thing. Racing an AWD high HP Evo with most likely a two-step... not all that hard.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I think you'll lose. He's running the hp level you are, isn't as heavy and has big time traction thanks to awd. Its pretty hard to launch our cars with all that tq we have. Better have really sticky tires. Go from a roll to eliminate the advantage his awd will have.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Racing a high horsepower IRS Cobra from a dig isn't always the easiest thing. Racing an AWD high HP Evo with most likely a two-step... not all that hard.

shit a two step / studderbox AWD launch requires almost zero skill whatsoever.

just go WOT with the clutch in, build boost and either dump it or ease out of it depending on driving style and tear ass.

oh and good luck, try to run from a roll. Even with AWD being a disadvantage at higher speeds, you are going to have a tough time holding him off.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
My 04 cobra was around 500whp and I put a set of nitto 555R's on it and it wouldn't spin them unless I wanted to. they were 275's. He might get you out of the hole but I raced an STI with around 450whp, he took me on the jump but flew by him like he was standing still at the end. I had bald ass tires too, If I had the DR's it woulda been a lot closer off the jump. A lot of those AWD cars are overhyped. Run him.

Users who are viewing this thread