Some Kind Of Monster

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
So who has seen it yet? It comes out in my area this weekend and i have been a huge fan for the longest time. Its great to see stuff like this from a band. You dont get too many inside and personable stuff about them much like this. anyone seen it yet?:read:

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
I wouldnt watch it, it seems a bit dumb but thats 1 persons opinion, i think they have gone down hill here in the past few years.

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
The old ones were the sh$ts, true St Anger sucked, i dont like some kinda monster either i dont know its not like there old stuff.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
F*** Metallica

Pre Black album, freaking awesome. Everything since then especially "I Disappear" has been so horrid it has made me cringe.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Metallica blows. Theyve proven in the past 5 years that they are after nothing but the money, theyre no longer in it for the music at all.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I'm going to see it just to see what type of people they are now. I have "A Year And A Half In The Life Of" so I want to see how they have changed since then.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
the new stuff is a swing in the right direction though...lol...just gotta get lars to play with a snare and kirk to solo a little...:D

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
For those who loved Metallica pre-black album ...

Check out the new MegaDeth album, comes out Sept. 14th. Called "The System Has Failed". It's the best album since Rust In Peace. Chris Poland back on guitar too from the OLD days. I have the CD (12 tracks) and it rocks. If anyone here is in the Chicago area and would like a pre-release copy, please PM me. It sends chills down my spine, it's that good. Finally!

Also, the new MINISTRY. For those that like NEW WORLD ORDER - go get NO W. It's back, Al is hard fast and heavy like before on NWO ... it's a must have to any metal collection.

PROBOT is another album you need to get...

As for Metallica ... I have over 150 concerts on cassette and tons of import/bootleg CD's. I gave up collecting around "Load" but I do have some good collectors items like Whiplash on cassette and a cassette single where less than 1000 exist.

But as for their past 14 years, and the MOVIE they came out with .. and the VIDEO GAME they are coming out with.... Metallica is SOME KIND OF MONSTER ... it's out of control ... and to us it sucks. But when you see an OLSEN TWIN wearing a DAMAGE INC. t-shirt .... Metallica is laughing all the way to the bank. I thought it couldn't be worse than load or re-load or S&M ... then came ST. ANGER .... what a piece of ass turd. It would have been nice if there were leads and the album was actually PRODUCED not to sound like crap.

Mike

Last edited:

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
I agree with the muddy production....listen to the dvd and you'll hear what it should have sounded like. not muddy at all and very clear.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by f_rice
F*** Metallica

Pre Black album, freaking awesome. Everything since then especially "I Disappear" has been so horrid it has made me cringe.

I agree with you 95%. I feel that Metallica lost its edge on ...And Justice For All, and just completely stunk it up with the Black album. Master Of Puppets is definately my favorite Metallica album. I still think that Cliff Burton is a better bassist than Les Claypool.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
I agree with the muddy production....listen to the dvd and you'll hear what it should have sounded like. not muddy at all and very clear.

I have the DVD, and I still think it blew. The drums just plainly sucked, and it sounded like all the same garbage. I'd rather listen to that William Shatner album than St. Anger.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bolt
I have the DVD, and I still think it blew. The drums just plainly sucked, and it sounded like all the same garbage. I'd rather listen to that William Shatner album than St. Anger.

The production was just one part of the overall shittyness of that album. The material was just plain awfull. It honestly sounded like a band of washed up metal guys doing their best to prove that they still rock. Well, they don't. I have NEVER seen a band completely lower the bar like Metallica have. And in relation to this thread, I will never watch this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread