some intake questions

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
well here is the deal, i recently bought a C&L elbow 95mm mass air housing and a conical k&n filter, i bought this stuff off ebay. it is all in great condition but i only have the 90mm maf sensor, i bolted it in the bigger housing everything seems to be working alright but ihaven't gotten it on an exhaust sniffer or the dyno, should i be worried about the bigger housing and put the ninety back on? also will i neeed a retune?

thanks sorry for the long post

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
i guess my real question with a 95mm housing and a 90mm maf sensor am i getting unmetered air into my engine and if so is there enough for it to be harmful?

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
I think you need a tune for that...Im not sure tho....

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
yes indeed, the only thing that is swapped is the the maf HOUSING, i took the the sensor itself out of my 90mm stock housing and put it in the c&l 95mm housing, like i said it seems to run fine but i am a littel leary that its not

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
I've done the same thing I got a C&L plenum, C&L elbow, RPM outlet Mafs housing, and LFP 12in cone filter. I just told jlp when he made my custom tune. Then checked with my WideBand commander to fine tune it from there. I really don't think it is much bigger than stock at all though

Users who are viewing this thread