Some fun with a Z06

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
This afternoon I was on the PA Tpk and came up on a new black Z06. I pulled alongside at about 75 and gave him a thumbs up. He smiled and took off. I was caught by surprise in 6th gear and had no chance of catching him. A few miles later we were alongside again and he is being a dick giving the "jerking off" motion. This time I down shifted to 3rd and shook my head and smiled. I gave 3 honks and he jumped a little early on me. I was right at his rear quarter through 3rd and then I missed 4th!!! :eek: Who the hell misses 4th? I was pissed off but I was also pleased that I seemed to hang with him through 3rd. He had NJ tags and kept going fast while I had to slow down for my exit. Didn't get a chance to redeem myself, but it was fun. :coolman:

Check my mods... what would I be expected to do against a new Z06? I wish that there had been more time and more open road. :rockon:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
I know heytonyman could beat a intake/exhaust c6 z06 with his old 2.8h setup only by a car or so from a 60 roll. Pretty sure he dynoned 580rwhp... Still sounds like a sick race though, im sure it was quite the adrenaline rush :beer:

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
well i was on the turn pike lastnight getting onto 476 in my vet, had a few races with a few imports, thats about it. never saw you guys tho.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
well i was on the turn pike lastnight getting onto 476 in my vet, had a few races with a few imports, thats about it. never saw you guys tho.

You'll have to join us this spring for one of the Morgantown cruises. I'd enjoy running side by side with you. Hoping your brother brings his turbo monster too. :thumbsup:

snakecharmer

Established Member
Damn stuck up Corvette owners. :-D

Good job hanging with him, and screw him for being a damn jerk.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Awesome! I've noticed as of late a ton of those guys have their heads in their asses (corvette owners). :nonono:

wheelhopper

Established Member
There is a young kid around here, around 19 (no offense to the younger SVTP patrons), that drives a new Z06. The only time I catch him out is when I am driving my van, truck, or the gf Explorer. One day I am going meet up with him.

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
My 86 GT could put a hurting on a Z06 on straight aways, if there was a turn I was done. My spool didn't like turns too much.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I'm still pissed that I missed 4th! :bash:

With all of the driving I do it's not often that I come across a hot car driven by someone who wants to go (even an ass like this guy). The driver may have been an ass but the car sure was nice. :burnout:

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
Awesome! I've noticed as of late a ton of those guys have their heads in their asses (corvette owners). :nonono:

haha im not one of them. beleave me you should see the looks i get when i drive mine, im only 20 and i look like im 15.lol. most people give me some bad looks, i guess its because they think mommy and daddy bought me it.

Users who are viewing this thread