Some Friday night fun

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
This Friday night the rain held off so there were alot of people out and about BS'ing and what not. Some friends and I were at a local gas station doing the usual hang out thing when the guy who bought my previous car(check sig) has the bright idea to race. :lol: I politely refused saying that my old blown 500 rwhp GT would absolutely murder my stock LS1. He still wants to go, so I agree if we go from a stop. We catch a light and both get ready for the launch. Light goes green and all I hear is exhaust and tires screeching along with the supercharger screaming. Suprisingly though I am side by side with him.....He had spun so bad he was going into 3rd while I was still in 1st:D and I ended about 1/2 car up on him. It was all in good fun, and that car will destroy my new one, but I barely spun and he was all over the road(needs some new DR's).

The second encounter I had was with a 93 LX hatch 5.0 car. I dont know exact specs, but its a 5speed, H/C/I car with shorty headers and the usual boltons with 3.73 gears. I was thinking a pretty good race but I was wrong. We catch a light and on the green I rip out of the hole spinning a little(launched at about 2k rpms) and immediately jump out 3+ cars. After about 60mph I pull ahead more, and everyone present settled on a final win of LS1 > h/c/i 5.0 by 5 lengths. I was expecting a better run for sure, oh well it was street race. After Fri. I dont regret my decision to with an automatic car near as much anymore, dig racing is so much fun;-)

Cliff Notes: Stock LS1 SS automatic beats a 500 rwhp GT because of insane traction issues from a dig. Again from a dig hands it to a H/C/I 5.0 Fox to the tune of 5 car lengths.

KduncSS

Established Member
When did I ever say I killed, or that it was a clean race? If you read the story you know that the new owner wanted to race and pressured me into it. Not my problem that he spun through every gear and my stock SS ended up pulling on him. Now the race with the Fox was definitely a kill and I am claiming it for sure. I am not so ignorant or stupid to go around bragging that I beat a 500 rwhp car on the street(even though technically I did, we were at the same light) because I owned the car and know its capability. Check the title of the thread again too, no kills mentioned pal.

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
Nice kill on the Fox...with those cars you never know what you are going to get when you race them. I had an 87 LX that had minor bolt-ons and on more than one occasion I beat h/c/i Fox's because I was lighter and/or the other car had a not so great combo or wasn't driven up to potential while mine was closer to it's potential with drag radials...high 13's in muggy hot Montgomery wasn't too bad then. I actually outran an Firebird (thought the guy said it was an LS1 not certain now) and the guy asked me if I was spraying...I just told him no I had 3.55 gears, exhaust, drag radials, and K&N.

Last edited:

KduncSS

Established Member
My car is a 98 automatic. And I know what you mean about those Fox's. Ive known guys that couldnt break 270rwhp with H/C/I setups, and then I know guys that have broke into the 12's with bolton Notch backs. Its all in how you plan your mods and whether they are installed correctly.

KduncSS

Established Member
Douglasville/Carollton area. Sometimes we go to Kennesaw/Marietta to see whats going on. Are you in Savannah? A good friend of mine is going to school there.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah man Im down here in the ole SAV. Really ur friend go to AASU? There is a good bit of stangs down here. There is a guy here with a redfire 03 that were going to try to cruise sometime I think and a few 98 cobras.

KduncSS

Established Member
Yep, I think thats the school hes at, not 100% sure. He is going to be a pharmacist. He drives an 07 Cobalt SS as his DD. His 90 Fox GT is up here at his parents house. He is looking to get rid of the Cobalt and buy another Mach 1(had an awesome SC'd Azure Blue one) or a 99/01 Cobra soon. I'll get him to post here soon, hes registered.

fastmach04

Established Member
hey crazycarlo. I actually am going to South University, but Armstrong isn't too far from me. I live in Georgetown. Do y'all normally get together on the weekends? It would be nice to have some "car guys" to hang out with down here...

BM1

Established Member
Is that the only H/C/I 5.0 you've ever raced? It sounds like it doesn't run very well since your stock, A4, '98 LS1 put 5 cars on it.

KduncSS

Established Member
It is the only one. I am sure he had traction issues hence the overwhelming length of cars, but I have seen him run before and was not suprised I beat him. He claimed 315rwhp before the race, but Im sure that was total BS. The car does run very well though, as in no mechanical issues or anything. A very respected local mechanic did all the work to his car. I would love to run a 95 Cobra that cruises around here with bolt-ons+cam(dont know specs) to see the outcome compared to the Fox race.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Hey Fastmach. I sent you a PM I dunno if you got it. I also live in georgetown and cruise a bit. Im planning on going out sat night. Oh and I just bought a black 98 cobra with chrome 18 inch rims and stuff so if u see me say hey or drop a rev, haha.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Hey guys, I live in savannah and attend AASU. I have a 98 cobra black on black with black FR500 wheels. I haven't seen any of you guys around i don't think but i know some other mustang guys around town that would be down for a cruise if you guys wanna get something together.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Hey cobra04 Ive met you before man. I was with a friend of mine a few months ago and we came up to Moes in his Black 03Gt that was supercharged and had black deepdish bullits. I see u around all the time when I wa sin my other car. Ur car sounds good man. I remember u saysing you were getting a turbo for it. Im getting a blower here in about 2 months. Im more then down for a cruise man. I only work 2 days a week so I have alot of freetime. U might see me around. I have a black 98 cobra with 18 inch chrome 00R rims and its dropped with bassani exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread