some direction

ghost96gt

Shoot to Thill
Established Member
so im looking for some direction on what you guys would do. So far i have a 97 cobra 50,000 miles runs strong doesnt burn up any oil. I first and foremost need to get it turned running a off road x and magnapack mufflers check engine light comes on and off ( i have the o2 mil elims) but that said from 6000 to 6800 rpms sometimes it just loses all its power and falls on its face and makes a nasty sound like its misfiring kinda like a rapid poping sound ?

now for what would u guys do its a work in progress im a college student so funds aren't the best. im looking at aroun 3 grand to spend. so i have been thinking of:

Nitrous kit, window switch, purge kit, CAI, 4.10 gears, and shocks and springs than of course tuning so with labor for the gears and tuning that would pry put me around 3 grand... also i have read that our motors can run a 150 shot safely? do you agree with that? i was thinking more along the lines of 100 to 125 running 94 octane....

other options is cams and valve springs, long tubes and mid pipe, cai tuning and 4.30's

the nitrous route would net more horse power gains but having cams and full exhaust would a sound better and b pry set me up for more potenial down the road.

i have another car for a dd so not to worried about the gearing

gq916

Established Member
get 430s, long tube headers, x pipe, exhaust, IMRC delete, and tune for sure. If you still have money left get cams. ditch the nitrous

Users who are viewing this thread